1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

earthquake

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by trapdoc, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapdoc

trapdoc TS Member

Yes, there is a trapshooter living in Louisa who experienced the 5.9 earthquake. Lots and lots of broken glass, pictures everywhere and garage door on top of car. But the good news is my wife and I are fine. We are having lots of aftershocks, that is why we are up at 2:39 am. Wife has not recovered, she had just gotten out of car when the door came down. Overhead Door was here in 2 hours after call and took care of the door, wonderful young men to our rescue.
    We now have less stuff, a different way to clean out stuff. I do not recommend.
    It may take a few days for nerves to calm down before I can go back to firing the old DT10
    Trapdoc
    John Hodge

2. TjayE

TjayE Member

John, do you live close to Richmond

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Glad you all are OK but I'm sorry that you had some damage.

I was west of you all and had about 20 to 25 sec of a shake. I was just outside of someones garage with a second story on top that was all brick. I thought they were doing something inside the garage but I then felt the ground. I then said OH its an earthquake Neat. LOL I then just walked to their front yard and watched the side of their garage brick wall go in and out. I was waiting for the wall to fall apart. They had a guest at the house and he opened the front door and looked at me like I was doing something. I just said Don't look at me, its an earthquake. They had minor damage just from falling things.

I finished up what I had to do there and went home myself. Being my home was built in 1840 I wasn't to sure what I was going to find. I don't think it was as strong to the west as it was at TrapDoc's house. I did have one board at the top eave of the house that I have to put back up but thats all. I did give the house the smell test to make sure none of the gas pipes sprung a leak. Knock on wood that we didn't have that. Everything else was in place I'm happy to say.

I was told it was a 5.9 earthquake.

4. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Last night we had about 1:10am an after shock. Thy say it might go on for days, weeks or months.

I wonder if I can use it as an reason to take over a shot that I missed????

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I hear Obama named it Bush's Fault.

6. 100straight

100straight Member

It may go on for quite a while. These are NOT really earthquakes... The shaking you feel is from our Founding Fathers turning over in their graves!

Mark.

7. hoot619

hoot619 Member

100Straight; Mark I think you have it figured out right and most would agree with your statement. Ken U

8. warren

warren Member

Floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes and 95% humidity with your hot weather. I'm gonna stay in the high dessert.

warren

9. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

I'm staying put in CT. Didn't feel anything thank God.

Harry

10. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Breaking News: During an interview just now, Obama re-named the Fault line in Virginia that caused the earthquake. It will now be known as Bush’s Fault.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.