1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Earthquake hurts TS.Com buddy!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BDodd, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I've made friends from all over the country and many other countries on this forum over the last many years. The latest one is Darr Wilson of Calexico, CA who is a member of our fraternity of shooters and a farmer located just about as far south in California as you can get. Some of you may remember his latest posting offering two Dillon Square Deal reloaders for sale.

I emailed Darr the day after the earthquake that was centered near Mexicali, Mexico, still close to Calexico, but didn't hear back for several days. I had concerns that there could be reasons for the delay. It seems Darr's home on his ranch/farm collapsed as a result of the earthquake. He got back to me today and, being a not-give-up kinda guy, said he's already moving to a home nearby and farming at the same time. Apparently there were no injuries in the incident but I thought it would be good to have him and his family in our thoughts and maybe convey a slap on the back as well. Bob Dodd

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Poor old farmhouse. It was one of the oldest in the valley. I just emailed Darr this morning not really expecting that anything was amiss. I was shocked to discover that beautiful OLD farmhouse had parts of it collapsed and it is no longer habitable or safe.

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Good luck and best wishes Darr.

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Darr is one of the good guys!

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

That goodness noone was hurt.

If Darr is anything like the farmers I know, he just took it in stride and made sure that his family was safe.

Hang tuff Darr!

ss

6. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I met Darr a couple of months ago when he and his friends came and shot at the Lemon Grove Rod and Gun club.

We'll be praying for you Darr and hope you get all settled. Sorry to hear about your place, but things are replaceable. I'm glad you are ok.

Take care and let us know if you will make it to the next Interclub shoot.

Kevin

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Talked to Darr a bit ago. One wall collapsed and crushed their dryer. Imagine if wife Cindy had been doing laundry. Darr and son were in the house. Darr said it was thunderous and suddenly the air was filled with smoke, which I would imagine that old house was wood lath with plaster over it. I know from experience that old plaster was like an explosive, you stress it anywhere and the stuff just explodes off the lath and turns to the most awful white gritty heavy dust. Darr said when they got out of the house he looked out and there was a bass flip-flopping on the bridge over the canal in front of their house.
    He seems to have everything under control though, typical farm guy, just git 'er done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

content