1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Earth Quake and Sunami

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by RobertT, Mar 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

God help the People of Japan and others who will be affected.

Robert

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Pray that the tsunami that's going to hit Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Alaska and British Columbia result in minimal damage.

The tsunami watch for Oregon was just upgraded to a tsunami warning. That means they are expecting significant damage.

We have a tsunami watch for the Columbia River for the county I'm in. We're 110 river miles inland. That's never happened before. I'm at 410 feet above sea level, so no worries. But for the houseboats down the road, it makes you wonder.

Also, my niece in Hawaii was evacuated to higher ground.

3. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Advance notice is a good thing.

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Makes you wonder if there is any truth that the moon will be full and will be the closest to the earth on Mar.16th They were predicting volcanic activity along with earthquakes, major flooding.

Added. thats March 19th. look up supermoon

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The moon's pull is equal on both sides of a fault line. It may affect tides but little else, I believe.

HM

6. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I've watched the footage of the quake and damage from the tsunami. It is amazing that the earth can do that much in so little a time. It's Saturday morning and the death toll is confirmed to be over a thousand and they haven't reached some of those low lying coastal towns. The one city of 71000 was flown over by helicopters and there was no sign of life. It's awful to think of the disaster they are going thru. Lets hope this string of large quakes since Haiti, Chile, New Zealand and now Japan doesn't keep up it's pace. One wonders what would have been the consequences IF the big one had hit off the coast of California and our country had been given a five to seven minute warning of those giant waves? I know the coastline is higher not far from shore for the most part but only a five to seven minute warning is not much at all. Dan

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Toolmaker. Our local weatherman mentioned that last night. He said that the moon has no effect on earths tectonic plates but the earth is large enough to have effects on the moon.

Looks like the biggest fear now might be Nuclear.

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Here's one website on the subject. There are plenty more and I'm sure some say the supermoon does have influence on earthquakes.

9. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

I don't know if You-tube has any videos or not but during the big Alaskan earthquake back in the '60's a tsunami wiped out the City of Valdez ... in fact it was hit by a double wammy as the Valdez channel emptied and fill twice. I recall seeing video taken from the deck of a large ship showing the docks and people on them --- the quake hit, the camera went out of focus and showed the sky for awhile and when it came back on --- everything was gone.

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

12-21-2012.

11. porky

porky TS Member

grnberetcj, Just jokig, but if you do feel that way, I will be glad to take all your guns, money and any other valuables that you might have because according to your indication of the the Mayan calendar, the world will end on that date and you won't have any use for anything after that. It's really a lot of bull, just like all the other idiots that spout their theories( read al gore ). Anyone else believing that Msyan calander bullcrat can advise me and I will pay freight and insurance for your valuables. It's going to be another Y2K(millenium)event.

12. TOOLMAKER 251

Early yesterday Japanese news reported up to 80,000 unaccounted for. There's 10,000 alone in 1 coastal town. Might be well over 100,000

13. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I was in Peking in 1976, when the Tangshan quake hit. There was major damage in Peking, but the city of Tangshan was levelled. Actually, it went lower than level, because of the years of mining under the city created a huge underground empty space. The Chinese government admitted to 600,000 dead, but in talking to locals, it was over 1,000,000. The original 6.9 quake hit at about 0415, and the 7.2 aftershock at dinnertime that night. You could hear them coming like a freight train out of a tunnel, then the whole building shook. You couldn't walk during the quake, the shaking was so severe.

14. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Ks5, I'm glad to live in a compassionate country willing to help others in need. Not sure what Japan offered or provided during Katrina, I do remember reports of foreign aid being declined.

Robert

15. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

News is reporting that the Nuclear Plant has exploded in Japan..starting to detect radition leaking.....Here we go.......LarryB

16. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

Robert,
    Why should the government force me to be compassionate with my money? If you want to be compassionate you can donate to the red cross, however the fed. government is far to quick to throw my money at any problem without our consent...let me keep a portion of my tax money to be "compassionate" to organizations which I deem worthy (not saying Japan is not, just would rather people have a say in how to "help")

17. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The magnitude of what is taking place there can't be described in words. One wonders if Japan will recover in a full lifetime.

18. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

The same nuts that think this country is broke don't think twice about even the lowest amoung us spending $120 a month on a cell phone, another $100 for worthless cable tv, fill the stands for highly paid multi millionare thugs to run up and down a court, and pay $15,000 for a single barrel shotgun. Give me a break. Being broke is not having the money to feed yourself or your family, that's broke. When everyone gives up their phones, tv's and the stands are empty and everyone's hungry then I agree, we're broke.

19. TOOLMAKER 251

Bluedevil, what the hell does your post have to do with this natural disaster? P.S. my cell phone monthly plan is $190 a month.

20. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

TOOLMAKER--Thanks. I read this earlier and thought it was just me. I couldn't relate it to this thread either. I feel better now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.