1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Earnest Marlette "THANK YOU"

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by abacus, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abacus

abacus TS Member

Earnest Marlette

Kudo's for Ernest, without a question the best K-80 master-gunsmith anywhere.

2. grandpa3

grandpa3 Member

Earnest Marlette

Ernest is a great K-80 smith,he might just might have the best release for a K-80.
    Pricing is fair and turn around time is great.
    James J. Grunewald ATA# 5713091

3. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Earnest Marlette

I guess I'm lucky in that I live 30 minutes from Ernest. He keeps my guns in order and best of all he's a super nice person.

4. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

Earnest Marlette

Where is Ernest located and how do i get in touch w/ him. Thanks

5. todman2

todman2 Member

Earnest Marlette

Ernest is by far one of the best Krieghoff gunsmith I've had the pleasure to deal with. His bluing work is outstanding and the trigger work he does on a Krieghoff is some of the best around.

Ernest is a gentleman and is always ready with advice and suggestions on getting the most out of a Krieghoff. I trusted him with my Super Crown for a rebuild and reblu. I had my expectation of how the gun should look when finished and then there was Ernest's expectation. The polish and prep work he did created a gun that even a year later I have other shooters wanting to know how he got such a deep shine in the bluing.

Ernest has worked on several of my Krieghoff and he is one of the only ones that I know who can reblu a K80 without sending it back to Germany.

His prices are fair, his work is outhstnding and he is a pleasure to deal with. A real gentlman.

Tod Bowman

6. todman2

todman2 Member

Earnest Marlette

up for Ernest

7. Maner

Maner TS Member

Earnest Marlette

A couple of years ago, after a shoot, a mother and grandmother came into the clubhouse and started asking questions about a gun for the son. The boy was working at the club to pay for shooting. The woman was a single mother
    and was upset because she could not afford a gun for the boy. To make a long story short, before they left. Ernie had given the mother a 1100 that was fitted to the boy and all the stuff on it. He made them ear plugs and gave them cleaning oils. He didn't charge them a dime. That is just the way he is.
    When my son achieved the rank of Eagle scout, The first person he thanked at the ceremony was Ernie for teaching him to shoot skeet and taking him hunting
    and being a positive influence.Chris is in college now, but we still hunt together when he comes home. Ernie definitely deserves being mentioned.

8. abacus

abacus TS Member

Earnest Marlette

Bookmark this! http://www.rmclaysports.com/GUNSMITHING.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.