1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

EARLY OHIO VOTERS

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by BT-100dc, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

The U.S. Senate race in Ohio this year is very important and does matter for your gun ownership and the shooting sports. We are entering a new era of legislation and political battles over the gun ownership, gun clubs remaining open, lead issues and so on. As a fellow trapshooter, there is a clear choice between Lee Fisher & Rob Portman. I have personally met Rob Portman and believes he will be the clear choice. Mr. Portman has earned an "A" rating and endorsement from the NRA based on the following: (1) voted for the District of Columbia Personal Protection Act; (2) Cosponsored & voted for the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act that prevents attempts to bankrupt the American gun industry through bogus lawsuits; (3) Voted against legislation to regulate gun shows out of business; (4) Voted against the Clinton semi-automatic firearms ban in 1994 and for its repeal in 1996; (5) voted against the Brady bill.

You, the Ohio voter, there's a clear choice on who should occupy the U.S. Senate seat for the next 6 years. Guns and shooting sports have been a way of life for me for the past 50 years and whether you are a trapshooter, collector, rifle, pistol or other shotgun shooter, please cast you vote for Rob Portman. Your guns may depend on it. Darrell

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

...unless you're a stupid union voter, in which case, your steward has told you the Democrats pose no threats to your guns, the Republicans are just making that all up - and you should vote for the Democrat like they tell you to.

3. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

4. The Stive

The Stive Member

I agree. Vote for Portman. John

5. zeroed4x

zeroed4x TS Member

If you want your rights as a sportsman to be honored and your firearms to be safe.
    If you want the anti-gun legislation to be a NO vote in Ohio.
    Vote for Rob Portman

6. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

7. tedingraham

tedingraham Member

+1

Ted Ingraham, Beavercreek, OH

8. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Portman is the easy choice. It will be tough for me to vote for someone who voted for the assult weapons ban, but I will vote for Kasich for governor. The NRA is behind Strickland and I can understand their position bacause of how Kasich voted in the past. Strickland recently join the OGCA to try to get some votes. I don't think either of these guys are gun guys like most of us. To me, it comes down to the fact that a vote for Strickland is like a vote for Obama. Any details on the attorney general race in Ohio? I am thinking about voting Democrat on this one per the NRA recommendation.
    Doug Allison

9. SRT8

SRT8 TS Member

I just hope the Ohio folks realize what they did November 2008 and not make the same mistake again in 2010 and 2012.

10. tedingraham

tedingraham Member

Dbl Auto, spot on.

I cannot pull the lever for Mike DeWine(RINO), or anyone with D next to their name. Ohio Tea Party PAC endorsed Robert Owens, Constitution Party. My vote goes to him, although I think Cordray (D) will win. Like I said, I can't pull the lever for a D, especially this year.

More important than AG, is State Treasurer, Josh Mandel(R), and Auditor of State, Dave Yost(R).

Ted Ingraham, Beavercreek, Ohio

11. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

12. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Hope no one is tired of seeing this post. I believe this is extremely important to Ohio; and, thus the other states. His opponent, Lee Fisher, gets an "F" rating from the NRA and it is well-deserved. Fisher supports the kind of legislation that will hurt all gun owners regardless of whether you're a trapshooter or any other shotgunner (pistol or rifle shooters also included). I believe there will be many insidious attempts to make you pay or make it a hassle in the cities of San Francisco, Chicago, New York City, Washington, D.C., and so on. Although we won the Supreme Court case of Heller (5 to 4 decision, by the way), it's still difficult to own a pistol Washinton,D.C and other cities; i.e., infringe on your right. If you get some time, look up the word "infringe" (year 1533) in the dictionary; the 2nd Amendment has continued to be violated. I believe Rob Portman will make a positive difference in upcoming legislation to "infringe on your right to keep and bear arms". Darrell

13. tedingraham

tedingraham Member

+1, BT-100dc

In the race for Ohio governor, a vote for Strickland is a vote for Obama is a vote against the freedoms and liberties so many have fought and died for.

Elections have consequences.

Ted in Beavercreek, Ohio

14. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Good point, Ted from Beavercreek, OH. Thanks, Darrell

15. Pat McKean

Pat McKean Active Member

As goes Ohio, so goes the nation.

16. tedingraham

tedingraham Member

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

Then the nation is headed for the shitbasket, because the people of Ohio haven't voted worth a damn in 15 years.

They should just change the name to West Pennsylvania and be done with it.

18. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

19. tedingraham

tedingraham Member

How many times has obama been to Ohio? 11 or 12? Any question that a vote for strickland is a vote for obama? Don't be fooled by NRA's endorsement of strickland...he is obama's puppet.

Ted Ingraham - Beavercreek, Ohio

20. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Right on Ted. The "big city vote", Canton, Akron, Toledo, Cleveland, etc have their fair share of welfare people that will vote Dem. They are also big union cities, and they tend to vote Dem. Many of the farmers are 1960's Democrats, and still think it's 1960.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.