1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Earl Hamman did a nice thing

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

Last month Earl sent me a few $10 coupons for Dick's Sporting Goods. I use these coupons to buy AA shells for $50 a flat. I told Earl that I would enter the Lewis purses at the Dixie Grand, shoot the shells I bough with his coupons and split the winnings with him. He told me to donate his share of the winnings to the ATA Hall of Fame. I will enter the Lewis, and only the Lewis, in each handicap event at the Dixie Grand. And, since Earl is donating his half of the winnings, I will donate my half of the winnings. Because of Earl, the ATA Hall of Fame will likely get some sort of check from us in a couple of weeks.

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone who won Lewis money would donate it to the HOF like Earl did?

Pat Ireland

2. trap4u2

trap4u2 Member

Since it's the holiday season, and this will be my first trip to the Dixie Grand, I'll second Jerry's offer for the Nitro 27 Handicap, but I don't think the ATA HOF will get rich off my winnings. Joe B

3. Black Rifle

Black Rifle TS Member

Earl also kindly sent me a number of the coupons which I used to buy a half-dozen flats of Gun Clubs for $37.80 per flat.

My son just started shooting on his high school trap team under the SCTP program. While there won't be any winnings to donate, he and I are extremely appreciative for Earl's generosity. It will allow for much more practice than would have been possible otherwise.

You da man Earl!

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

That makes three of us in one handicap event. Our total entry will be $60 and surely between the three of us we can win back $20. I will enter 4 other handicap events so I will put down $100 to help the HOF. Or, is there a better way?

Pat Ireland

5. Cy-Kick

Cy-Kick TS Member

Why not just send the entry to the HoF. That would be $60 for sure, no gamble.

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Nice thing to do. Earl is the man.

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

RoadKing05- It would be $140. I have committed to enter all of the handicap events. On the other hand, if we went through the Lewis purses, we might have many thousands of dollars to send the the ATA. All that would have to be done is hit purses without any split.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.