1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ear protection in Miami

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rivers001, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rivers001

rivers001 TS Member

I'm down in South Florida and was wondering if anyone knew of a local place where I can get a set of custom-molded ear plugs made?
    I'd rather have someone that knows what they're doing make it as opposed to ordering a set online and molding them myself.

Thanks,
    Angel

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Angel, I think I might know who you are?? Go to Miami's chain shoot in the 3rd week of January. There should be a vendor there who makes them. Was there last year. He/She (not sure) did not make it to Markham Parks vendor shoot last year. This year Markham has not only the Vendors shoot/ but a Chain shoot as well. Markhams chain shoot in the last weekend in Jan. ends on Feb. lst and then have the Vendors shoot on the 2nd weekend of Feb. One of these three shoots will have a custom made ear plug vendor. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

3. TC

TC TS Member

Having been down this road before. Molded ear plugs are not worth the risk to your hearing. There aren't any that I have found that offer the protection of the 33db foam plugs you can buy for 25 cents a pair. It is even better to wear a good pair of 29db muffs over the plugs. This is as good as it gets.

4. rivers001

rivers001 TS Member

Thanks for the info Jeff. I'll try the chain shoot first and if not go with brownk80's advice of contacting an audiologist.

TC, I just find the foam plugs very uncomfortable and they've been quite a distraction lately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.