1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ear Plugs Needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by HC_John, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HC_John

HC_John TS Member

Do these work good, been looking for a cost effective way to replace my uncomfortable muffs.

John MI

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Silencio made plugs like that. Bulge.

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

The standard foam ear plugs have about three times the hearing protection that Sonic Ear does.

Sonic Ear II has Noise reduction rating 6.0 decibels. E-A-R TaperFit earplugs have a 32db Noise Reduction. You can buy what you wish but the figures don't lie. I have included a web address for the Sonic Ear II above I am sure there are more.

Take it from one who know spend the time on researching what is best. Spend what ever it take to get the best. There is a fellow that post here his sign on is "BIG PAPA" if you send him a PM he will send you his prices and a list of his Molded Ear Plugs with pictures From what I have seen they are very high quality.

BTW if I had used the better products in the beginning my hearing loss wouldn't be 70 to 80% now.

Bob Lawless

4. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Don't skimp when it comes to hearing protection. You will someday regret it. Now when I shoot targets I put in ear plugs and wear electronic muffs over them. That allows me to hear everything going on around me but gives me plenty of hearing protection. When I am hunting I only use the electronic muffs. Hunting is much more dangerous to your hearing with other shooters guns going off close to your ears. With the muffs on my hearing is protected and I can hear more of what is going on around me than someone without anything on. My only regret is I didn't do this years ago.

5. HC_John

HC_John TS Member

My hearing has already been damaged. 12 years of running impacts. Muffs and foam plugs both actually cause pain. When I wear them and a gun is shot, its like being splapped side the head.

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Similar at Cabelas. Bulge

7. GeezerGlide

GeezerGlide TS Member

I have a set of Champion DSP trap & clay Digital electronic ear plugs for sale. I bought them and have pretty severe hearing loss allready 100% one side/50% on good side. Anyway these don't have as much volume as I reguire. These were originally around $400 retail, I didn't pay that, they are new, come with multiple sizes of ear fittings(unused). On /off push button & volume control. Will send pics if interested $85 shipped to you US/lower 48.
    GeezerGlide / Jim /Texas

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

The Sonics have a low NNR (Noise Reduction Rating) compared to foam.

You should be able to find something to suit you here:

The Earplug Superstore

MK

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

The Sonic II or the Shooter's Hearing Protector are the same product... comparing the NRR on these and foamies is like comparing apples and oranges - they are two different technologies.

If you contact the manufacturer, I believe you could purchase a replacement silicone cover in a smaller size for small ear canals.

excellent product for the dough!

regards all,

Jay

10. FLIP

FLIP Member

i got a pair like that at walmart for $7 bucks, good luck

11. TC

TC TS Member

The Sonic's and Silencio's should be taken off the market. Stuffing cotton in your ears would be about as effective! The difference between 6db NRR and 33db's is huge! I wore Sonic's then molded plugs and eventually electronics but didn't know any better. Now I use foam plugs and muffs.

Paid more for my current hearing aids than my first Corvette.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sonic 11 shooters aids