1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ear plugs and music

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Kevin Nelson, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Nelson

Kevin Nelson Member

I see alot of shooter listening to music or whatever through thier plugs when shooting. My question is what kind of ear plugs or manufactures are they using, My audioligist says the ones they make so you can insert your ipods in are not blocking out noise from the gun. What is everyone using.

2. tlea

tlea TS Member

Saw someone at the Grand making them using MP3 players earphones. Scares hell out of me tho. I would prefer that ALL the folks with loaded guns are CONCENTRATING on down range.

3. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

We have been using the Earmold From Australia plugs since 2003 - Safely I might add.

I will probably get some new ones at the 08 Grand.

Really cuts down on the background noise!

38-01615

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I use Pro Ears electronic muffs. They shut down the gun noise in addition to the ability to have music, and you can hear the line calls.

there are other electronic muffs with those features. some cost more, some less.

HM

5. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

" We have been using the Earmold From Australia plugs since 2003 - Safely I might add."

...and their web site indicates that they want over $650 USD/pair for their little digital ear plug inserts. Are they serious???

Morgan

6. MXSHOOTER

MXSHOOTER TS Member

I got mine from EAR.Inc, www.earinc.com, or (800)525-2690. These are the custom molded silicon plugs with ear phones built in. They call them sports monitors.

7. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

I have listen to music with custom molded ear plugs for several years. I had mine made by Dave McGee "Texas Ear Plugs". They don't cost that mush and Dave makes ear plugs for a living not a side line.

Ken Cerney

Wisconsin

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Dave McGee made mine, too, but they're only supposed to be used for listening to music, not shooting.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

you have to take care of your hearing. Mine is partially gone, can't hear wife. (So what's the problem?)

I am a pain in the ass asking her to repaeat stuff. Grandchildren caught on already, they just talk loud to me.

What ever you use be sure you know the NRR. Once it's gone you can't get it back.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.