Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ear Muffs

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  WoodsonEnt 
#1 ·
I've been using just ear plugs for trap shooting and I would like to add some ear muffs. I have a few old pairs and none of them allow me to use the shotgun with out breaking the seal. Any recommendations for a plain or electronic set of muffs?

Thanks,

Carmine

#3 ·
Like Setter I too use the Peltor Electronic muffs but do not use ear plugs with them; not yet anyways. On the Tactical 6 model you can turn each muff unit 180 degrees and the stock side gets pretty thin in profile. Watching the Olympic Trapshooting finalists I noticed that 4 out of the 5 final shooters were wearing muffs. They also had the top band rotated slightly forward which tilts the bottom of muffs aft. Downside to muffs is they are hot during warm weather and coupled with recoil effect sometimes I have to reposition my glasses. Great in the Winter months.

#4 ·
A little trick on making the standard muffs more comfortable: You can cover the sealing areas by stretching a set of wrist sweatbands over them. You could loose a little of the sound-deadening action but they are really comfortable. Your mileage may vary. Ron

Forgot to mention this also offers a softer surface if your stock hits the earmuffs. This also allows you to change colors.

#5 ·
Stumpstalker,

I went thru this issue myself. I have finally found something I truly love. I wear and also sell the Pro-Ears line of muffs. I sell both the electronic and standard. The model I wear is the Pro-Ears Sporting Clay Gold Electronic. These have a chop-side cup (beveled edges) to make mounting a shotgun easier. They also have a felt lining under the ear muff area to keep from scratching the stock if you do bump it. These are absolutely the best I have ever used! I have had no interference with them hitting the stock when shooting. I took on the Pro-Ears Line due to good reports that I had heard about them. I bought a set for display and to wear myself if possible. The minute I put on the Sporting Clay Gold model I knew that I loved them. They have the fastest limit time. You can hear the Scorer call out the scores, but as soon as a gun fires, it muffs it out. Check out my website for more info. I have them in my Web Store and you can buy instantly using Visa, Mastercard, or PayPal. I also carry the Peltor "Shotgunner" Muffs also. If you have any questions, please write or call.

Matt Woodson

PH: 270.804.5454

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.