Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ear Muffs

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Haskins Bill 
#1 ·
Anybody out there tried the behind the head electronic ear muffs? I believe Peltor makes them. As I shoot with a cap; it sure would be more comfortable than the "over the head" type. Just wondering if they work good and if they tend to "hit the top of the stock", when you mount the gun. Thanks. Ed

#2 ·
I use the 'behind the head' Peltor Tac 6S and have not had any problem but I prefer the over the head type with a standard baseball cap. I previously had a 'over the head' set but had to replace it and couldn't get another over the head type at the time.
I've tried some other less expensive electronic types but none as good as Peltor. I would like to try the Tac 7S model because I think it has a better NRR and bigger ear cup.

#4 ·
We've used the Peltor Tac 6's and 7's on the range for around 7 years now. The 7's seem to hold up much better than the 6's but are a bit heavier. The electronics in the 7's seem to be quite a bit better also as the sound is clearer and more distinct. We currently have the HP5 series and they have the worst sound clarity of all of them I've tried so far. My current Tac 7's are about 6 years old and probably have several thousand hours of use on them. The batteries are easier to change in the 7's and use a 9v instead of the AA's that the 6's use. Seemed to get more hours of use out of the 9v than the AA version.
I had a pair of EAR electronic ear plugs and that beat everything else by a mile but they were left behind at a shoot and were never found. Gotta wait till I can cough up $1000+ for another pair. Too expensive but more than worth the money. In my book, I damaged my hearing away from the shooting line more than being on it. I'd be just far enough away from the shooting that I thought it wasn't going to bother but I really think it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.