1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Eagle Scout Suspended for Pen Knife in Car

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by timberfaller, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Zero Tolerance equals Zero Education

BIGGEST problem in our schools - Lack of a "total" education!

Goodwin and his staff must not accept the Federal guidelines concerning survival during a disaster, let alone teach it!!!

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

More Moonbat BS. Maybe we should ask all the teachers and administrators to play mumbly-peg with us.

3. notarget

notarget TS Member

Do the principal and superintendant have a political agenda that involves the Boy Scouts and/or the military?

4. timberfaller

FOX just reported that the school dosen't have a zero talerance policy even in place!

If thats true, Fire them ALL, starting with Goodwin and then the board!

enough is enough!

5. GARMASTERS

GARMASTERS TS Member

Use that knife to cut Goodwin's nuts off.

6. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

It's pretty obvious that young man is being used. Let's hope West Point can see through someones sick vendetta.

7. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

If the scout didn't want to be in the news about a knife why did he tell someone or anyone or admit to haveing a knife in a locked car? The old saying goes "Loose lips sink ships" right? Get a clue kid, keep your mouth shut when it's best to do so. Dan

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Those who adopt or enforce "zero tolerance" have zero common sense. Any "educator" who does so also has zero brains and should be fired!

9. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Just this week, we had a similar thing happen in this area. A Cub Scout who is an honor student and has never been a problem in school took his new knife/fork/spoon camping tool to school and proceeded to eat his cafeteria lunch with it to practice for a camping trip. He was suspended for bringing a "weapon" to school and the school district superintendent, also citing "zero tolerance," required him to attend reform school for 45 days before he could return to his regular school.

The case received so much negative publicity that the superintendent dropped the reform school requirement and allowed him back in class after two days.

Ed

10. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

When did the pocket knife, locked in the trunk of a car, in a survival kit become a weapon? Its just a tool until its used in a violent manner. Any thing in that car could be a weapon, flashlight, tire iron, screwdriver, etc. Wayne

11. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

The trouble with the policy enforcers and those that enact policy concerning zero tolerance are such idiots on the subject that they don't even realize what a weapon is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I would be curious to know who is responsible for enacting the zero tolerance policy in the first place.

If it is the school committee or board of education in the city or town I would say that voters are to blame.

Vote them all out and tell who ever replaces them that zero tolerance will not be tolerated.

Bob Lawless

13. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

Be quite, pheasantmaster, or you'll cause schools to start thinking about serving cafeteria lunches astronaut-style... in squeezable plastic pouches!

Lister

14. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Carol, and what are they going to write with? They won't be able to read text from any kind of paper document....

I wonder how many items in the trunk of the car where the aledged weapon was found could be equally or more effective as a weapon than which is questioned. But then we would have to search the whole parking lot including the dumb a$$ administrators.

15. timberfaller

I have not read anywhere on how it was found out about the weapon(ya right) but I did read that West Point said it would not be a problem. What might have stopped the Boy from attending was the "suspension" not that he was caught with a weapon(ya right).

West Point I guess told the faimly not to worry about it, His ability to get to a rank of Eagle Scout was of more value!

Just about every school district has a "Zero" education clause. I know of one here locally suspended a kid for Drawing a Firearm for 6 months! I guess it wasn't good enough to be ART!

Public school's are a Public Farse!

16. timberfaller

I can safely say I have only voted for 2 Dumocrats my entire life (Tom Foley, Jay Ensley) biggest mistakes I ever made. Jay is now a West side idiot, he lost his seat here, and the only way he could stay in office was to move to the liberal side of the state.

My voting teeth were cut on the gun debates on ("Firing Line", PBS) debates over the failings of the 1968 Gun Control Act. Aired in 1971-72, I wasn't old enough yet to vote then, had to wait til 1974. Haven't had a good word to say about the Dems since then.

Why did I vote for the above, they campaigned "they would vote NO on any gun control bill" LIERS LIERS

NEVER AGAIN

17. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

"Get a clue kid, keep your mouth shut when it's best to do so. Dan"

Attack the Eagle Scout for being honest when asked a direct question?

Nice.

18. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

NHSC

"Attack the Eagle Scout for being honest when asked a direct question?"

What would you expect from a liberal democrat thats how they solve everything tell lies instead of being honest:

"I did Not have sex with that woman"

Bob Lawless

19. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

This same thing happened to a young friend of mine around 10-12 years ago. He was in an FFA classroom with some friends after school and was seen with a folding pocket knife. When confronted on this he said he indeed had a knife on school grounds and was expelled on the spot. Had to get his GED.

I agree that when asked a direct question an eagle scout would not/should not lie. However, when or if he joins the military this young man will learn when to talk and when not to.

Joe

20. timberfaller

I wonder how many teachers and school administrators still smoke?

I remember when I was in high school and you walked by the teachers lounge, you had to pinch you nose the stench was so bad.

Has any one thought to send the police and look in every teachers desk? I wonder how many have a weapon in their desk?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.