1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Eager new member

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GoldTrigger, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldTrigger

GoldTrigger Member

Well I am READY (finally) Started reading this site 8 months or so ago.... Have been shooting ATA targets for about a year now. I am very interested and have learned a lot by reading here. Now today there was a thread I just had to reply to so I registered and here I am. I am a Missouri shooter and will be at monthly shoots in the area and the Missouri State shoot for sure at Linn Creek. Looking forward to fitting in.........

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Buzz-gun is in charge of posting lessons... He'll be here in a moment or two

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Forget about fitting in. None of us "fit-in". we're all a little different. A lot of unique individuals here. Welcome. Bulge.

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

bulge..

"unique" is a very kind word.....

GT...jump in and have fun, that's what all this is supposed to be about!!

Curt - Delaware

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Curt, you're stuttering. Bulge.

6. GoldTrigger

GoldTrigger Member

Ok, First question could someone send me a private message so I can see if I can retrieve one ?

7. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

PM sent

8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much about "fitting in" as you say. None of us actually "fit in", however, the one, basic, thing we all have in common is that trapshooting is an individual sport. You only have yourself to compete against. Whether you win or lose, the outcome is decided by the score you, and you alone, shoot. You are only as good as you want to be, and your success in this game lies squarely on your shoulders, no one else's. I'm just guessing here, but I would say that the thing that draws a lot of us to this sport is the fact that we really aren't "team players", and prefer to rely on our own skills, talents, or lack thereof. We choose not to depend on others for our success. (Buddy Shooters excluded, Packman) The closeness we all share is relative to this fact, and we all like to socialize with others that have the same feelings and goals. We just seem to understand each other in some form. You won't meet a greater bunch of folks anywhere, in any sport. Most are honest to a fault, and are there in a heart beat to help when the call goes out. Welcome to the most rewarding sport, and group of people, you will ever have the pleasure of being around..... Just my observation.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

9. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Bulge, did you collect the dues from this new guy? And check your records I sent mine to you last week!

10. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

after posting for a while--this is what will happen to you--wally riebesell rock port mo

11. EE

EE Banned User Banned

I own several gold triggers. You might belong to me.

EE

12. FAT-BOY

FAT-BOY TS Member

I would like to know all about these PM's also. How do you send and receive.

13. EE

EE Banned User Banned

Is that not obvious?

EE

14. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Whether you win or lose, the outcome is decided by the score you, and you alone, shoot.

The exception is to a score marked wrong and not caught. Happens more than you could ever imagine. Be sure to check your score before you change stations and have it correct before leaving the station and the field. Ray.......

15. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok Fat Boy :

They didn't tell you that you have to check the box to recieve the P.M.'s also you can get email notifications also.

Look below

View Number of Views per Post Yes No

View Post Originator Yes No

Open Threads in New Window/Tab Yes No

Enable Private Messaging System Yes No

Enable Private Email Notification Yes No

Enable Category View Yes No

Automatically Refresh Main Threads Page Yes No

Refresh Interval 10 Seconds 30 Seconds 1 Minute 2 Minutes 3 Minutes 5 Minutes

Bold Forum Information Threads Yes No

Add Threads to Watch List on Create/Reply Yes No

To activate the P.M. messages if not already done so then go to the section
    Change password? Settings then look under Settings and check what ever you want to happen!!
    Foggy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.