Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eager new member

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  foghorn220 
#1 ·
Well I am READY (finally) Started reading this site 8 months or so ago.... Have been shooting ATA targets for about a year now. I am very interested and have learned a lot by reading here. Now today there was a thread I just had to reply to so I registered and here I am. I am a Missouri shooter and will be at monthly shoots in the area and the Missouri State shoot for sure at Linn Creek. Looking forward to fitting in.........

#8 ·
I wouldn't worry too much about "fitting in" as you say. None of us actually "fit in", however, the one, basic, thing we all have in common is that trapshooting is an individual sport. You only have yourself to compete against. Whether you win or lose, the outcome is decided by the score you, and you alone, shoot. You are only as good as you want to be, and your success in this game lies squarely on your shoulders, no one else's. I'm just guessing here, but I would say that the thing that draws a lot of us to this sport is the fact that we really aren't "team players", and prefer to rely on our own skills, talents, or lack thereof. We choose not to depend on others for our success. (Buddy Shooters excluded, Packman) The closeness we all share is relative to this fact, and we all like to socialize with others that have the same feelings and goals. We just seem to understand each other in some form. You won't meet a greater bunch of folks anywhere, in any sport. Most are honest to a fault, and are there in a heart beat to help when the call goes out. Welcome to the most rewarding sport, and group of people, you will ever have the pleasure of being around..... Just my observation.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

#10 ·
after posting for a while--this is what will happen to you--wally riebesell rock port mo

#14 ·
Whether you win or lose, the outcome is decided by the score you, and you alone, shoot.

The exception is to a score marked wrong and not caught. Happens more than you could ever imagine. Be sure to check your score before you change stations and have it correct before leaving the station and the field. Ray.......

#15 ·
Ok Fat Boy :

They didn't tell you that you have to check the box to recieve the P.M.'s also you can get email notifications also.

Look below

View Number of Views per Post Yes No

View Post Originator Yes No

Open Threads in New Window/Tab Yes No

Enable Private Messaging System Yes No

Enable Private Email Notification Yes No

Enable Category View Yes No

Automatically Refresh Main Threads Page Yes No

Refresh Interval 10 Seconds 30 Seconds 1 Minute 2 Minutes 3 Minutes 5 Minutes

Bold Forum Information Threads Yes No

Add Threads to Watch List on Create/Reply Yes No

To activate the P.M. messages if not already done so then go to the section
Change password? Settings then look under Settings and check what ever you want to happen!!
Foggy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.