1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

E85

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ntgr8, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Station near my house is selling E85 for $2.31, Regular is $3.51. Is the $1.20 difference worth using E85?

2. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

DIXIE SPECIAL 25 Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80... TS Supporters

I lost 4 miles per gallon for highway use when I tried E 85. It was .30 cents cheaper per gallon.. your saving 1.20 per gallon?? I would use it...

3. dirt stirrer

dirt stirrer Well-Known Member

Obviously only if your vehicle is rated for E-85, but you know this already. My '08 1/2 T pickup is only rated to E-15. Price dif in our neck of the woods is only 10 cents a gallon most of the time on E-10. Mine runs pretty decent on either one.

4. NMULTRARUNNER55

NMULTRARUNNER55 Member

Try it and calculate the cost per mile. Pretty easy calculation.

Steve Nunley

Albuquerque, NM

5. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

Run multiple tanks through before deciding. Computer has to adjust to the fuel.

6. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

It depends on your average driving conditions and what kind of vehicle are you driving... If driving a pickup truck in stop and go traffic, then an absolute YES, however if driving a Camry on a road trip, then the answer is NO if less than 15% -20% difference in cost to that of fossil fuel.

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Make sure your vehicle is rated for E-85. Then in about 50K miles or less replace all your rings and valves. Saw this at the UNOCAL research facility during one of my frequent visits with engineering. I sold them all there electronic monitoring equipment and pumps before I retired. I also saw the same result at the GM test site in Arizona. And they were running 34 different grades of gas at the time.

8. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

If I was you I would try and stay away from using E-85 .... not only are you asking for a lot of problem down the road you are not going to get very good gas mileage. My SUV is setup for E-85 and I will not even use it, my good friend that works for GM even told me the same thing ...... try and stay away from it.

9. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Seen the same information Shot410 referenced to!!!

Common sense, BURN at your own risk.

ONE result of the report, basically NO difference in the AMOUNT of pollutants put into the air we all breath!!!!

IN other WORDS it does NOTHING for cleaner air! Another Eco-Freak HOAX!!!

So if you burn E85 and boast of saving the environment, Your full of YOU know What!!!!!!