1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

E3 powder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bridger, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridger

Bridger Member

the local dealer is out of both Clays and Claydot. So, I'm thinking of trying E3. I need it for both 7/8 and 1 ounce loads. Anyone have any experience with it? I've heard its a good cold weather powder but that's about all I know about it.

2. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Great stuff. Just bought 4 more kegs @ $96.50

7/8 oz - DRXXL pink wad, AA Hull, 16.5 gr, Fiocchi or Win 209 primer

1 oz - windjammer II wad, AA Hull, 17.4 gr, fiocchi or win 209 primer.

3. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Works very well, but my powder of choice is Nitro100. 16.5gr for both 7/8 & 1 oz loads.

AndyH ;-)

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

e3 is my favorite powder for 7/8oz and 1oz loads. It is clean and consistent. Try some, you will love it.

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

It should work well for many 7/8, 1 oz, and some lighter 1 1/8 oz loads. It does pretty well in cold weather too. It's fairly consistent and doesn't seem to be affected as much by temperature variations. Check the loading data at Alliant's site and see if there is a load that suits your components and needs.

6. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

e3 is my favorite powder for 7/8oz and 1oz loads. It is clean and consistent. Try some, you will love it.

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

It should work well for many 7/8, 1 oz, and some lighter 1 1/8 oz loads. It does pretty well in cold weather too. It's fairly consistent and doesn't seem to be affected as much by temperature variations. Check the loading data at Alliant's site and see if there is a load that suits your components and needs.

8. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I switched to E3 from 700X last year and love it for 1 oz. loads. It shoots clean and does not seem to be affected by cold weather. Before the primer shortage, I used to use Remington 208P's but am using Cheddite at present.

For 1 1/8 oz. loads, I use Green Dot.

Try it and forget the slightly higher price. You will love it.

Ed Ward

9. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

I also like e3 for 7/8 and 1 ounce loads. Very clean and consistent.

When they got to e3 they had it just right (e4 not necessary). Same thing applies to kitchen counter tops. After all these years you've never seen one covered in five-mica have you? Makes you wonder what was wrong with Preparations A through G? ;) .....Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

e3 one ounce loads