1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

E3 powder how do you like it?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tractorboy, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

Will still use green dot for HC loads....but, am considering changing to E3 for 1OZ@1150FPS, 1oz@1200fps and 1-1/8OZ@1145fps for singles and doubles. In reviewing the Alliant loading guide it seems to be the ideal powder from both cost and moderate pressures.

So how do you E3 users like it as regards perceived recoil when compared to red dot or green dot?

2. gary0920

gary0920 Member

It's great, been using it for years. Burns very clean 15.9 grains on 1oz & 1 1/8oz.

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Tried 8# jug of it, shot fine, just a little more expensive than my usual 700x. You will most likely find it to be an excellent powder. Ross

4. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

I have been using it since it first came out. I love it and have nothing bad to say about it.

Vern

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Excellent powder.. I still use Promo because I need the bulk with my 24 gram loads.. E3 is very clean.. very similar to Red Dot in burning rate..

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I agree with all of the posts as it is a great powder ( BUT) beware if you have a PW with the bakelite powder base. E3 will cling to it and ruin it. I ruined two then went to Jim Skeels base

7. ckarlen777

ckarlen777 Member

Started using it about 4 months ago. Very low recoil!!! It is my new power for singles.

8. warren

warren Member

I to have used it for years I continue to do so, it's a clean burning consistant powder, I tried the so called cleaner Red Dot but there is a big difference I'm not gonna change again.

warren

9. Fanugee

Fanugee Member

I purchased a 4LB keg from a friend who never opened it. Shoots as good as Clays and is clean burning like Clays. Only marginally less in cost than Clays.

10. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I have used several 8# jugs for 1 oz. loads for my 1100/11-87. Super clean.

I load 16.5 grains in STS hulls with a Cheddite 209, Remington TGT12S wad and 1 oz. of magnum 8's. Velocity is about 1150 fps and it cycles the actions in the 1100/11-87 auto loaders.

Availability is sometimes a problem so I use Red Dot when E-3 is not available.

For handicap loads, I prefer Green Dot but for 1 oz., E-3 is the way to go.

E-3 is also supposed to be less temperature sensitive than other powders.

Ed Ward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.