1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

E3 Hornady Bushing Chart

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jhoward, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhoward

jhoward Member

Our local Sportsman's Warehouse had 8lbs of E3 on sale for $79.99 this weekend. I've never used this powder before, but the price was right so I bought a jug. I've pulled all the load data from the Alliant website, but I cannot find any bushing charts for Hornady loaders that list E3. Has anyone been able to locate this information? Also, what are the general impressions of the powder?
  2. 3dram8

3dram8 TS Member

I just send an e-mail to Alliant, and here's what they sent back to me:

"Here are some estimates that should get you pretty close. Weigh 8 or 10 drops to be sure that you are close. It is not necessary to be exact. Thanks for your interest in our powder and have a nice day."

Hornady bushing/grains of e3 average drops

426 15.2

432 15.5

438 15.9

444 16.3

450 16.8

459 17.6

465 17.9

471 18.3

477 18.8

480 19.2

Ben Amonette

Consumer Service Manager

Alliant Powder Company

Hope this helps......Rick
  3. jhoward

jhoward Member

Thanks 3dram, I did the same, just haven't heard back from them yet and thought someone else might have located another source for the data.

How have you liked E3? I've gotten mixed opinions from the locals.
  4. 3dram8

3dram8 TS Member

I use Red & Green Dot almost exclusively in the 12 gauge and 20/28 in the 20 gauge reloading that I do. I may try e3 someday, but I just can't find a reason yet to switch from Red & Green Dot - been using them for 20 years now.
    ....Rick
  5. jhoward

jhoward Member

Ahh...misread your first reply, I thought you'd written the email to Alliant for the data for yourself. In the past I've always used Red Dot for lighter loads myself, but the price on the E3 was too good to pass up.

It is strange though that you got your reply from Alliant before I did, wonder if they just work through their emails in order instead of FIFO.
  6. 3dram8

3dram8 TS Member

Well, I'm in their website a lot, and I couldn't believe e3 wasn't on their bushing charts. Then I saw the "contact us" link and just clicked on it and asked them for Hornady bushing data on e3 powder. Got a reply in minutes.
    .....Rick
  7. zzt

zzt Active Member

jh, that is a stupendous price on a superb powder. IMO it is the best 7/8 oz 1 oz load powder out there. Works great for 1 1/8oz @ 1150fps, but my shoulder likes Am Select for that load. Buy a bunch of it. Prices around my neck of the woods seem to be better than average, and I pay $93 for 8lb. Geez! $80 is cheaper than Clay Dot, and not much more than Promo.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.