1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

E R A D Anyone using this system ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by j2jake, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Our club is currently researching target control systems. Is anyone using the ERAD system and if so what has been your results? Am interested in any suggestions on systems that work. We are also considering the coin box from Bob Shultz. Jake Jacobs

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

3. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I have the Erad system, but at this time I just use it for my personal voice calls. It seems to me that it would be a nice system for the club to use and I am pushing to get the directors to buy a couple sets of these to use for practice and/or leagues.

I know this isn't quite what you are looking for......but I really like these calls. And Greg Bacck is a really helpfull guy. Bends over backwards to help you out.

Rickyd

4. JRW

JRW Member

They use this system at Hog Heaven and it was great. I would like to see it at more shoots. Jerry in MI.

5. PONDEROSA

PONDEROSA TS Member

I USE THE SYSTEM. I CAN RECCOMMEND IT WITHOUT RESERVATION.JOHN LYON, NORTH CAROLINA.

6. Villian11

Villian11 TS Member

Our club used them last year and really liked them. I didn't have any complaints. We have them on both of our traps. We shoot mainly league shooting and pactice. Range is great. Wind and general conversation does not set them off. Easy to store and no wires to put away. You can do a lot of things with them, but we use them only for voice release. Nate

7. A201

A201 TS Member

Hey Jake, Roger Thompson here, The Erad works great, is programable for x nr. of targets and no more will thrown. No more cross calls no wind causing targets to fly. Normal conversation will not trip targets. Consistant pulls. Very short learning curve. Even an old worn out Army Sgt. can learn these, but can be a bit daunting for Sgt. Majors of course. $$$ About 1400 per field. See ya next year.

8. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Roger, see ya at the Grand,I hope. Jake

9. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The eight practice traps at this year's Grand will be using ERAD's. To shoot a round you will have to give the scorer your ATA card (or similar) and take a caller. When you give the caller back, you get your card in return.

Neil

10. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

My main interest here was to see if any club is using this system to control target count not the voice call. It appears they are being used solely as voice calls. I too had the opportunity to use them at last years grand. To be honest as voice calls go I much prefer the Canterbury wireless. From the response and another thread it appears the coin operated box is the way to go for target control. Jake

11. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Ray, the units we have are specially set up to work _only_ as sets. Steal five cards and you have nothing since there's no other receiver they will work with. Besides, the scorers _will_ be watching, after all.

At the last couple of Grands at Vandalia the shells people bought were keyed into their ATA cards and if he'd gotten "ahold of 5 ATA cards a shooter could almost" surely steal shells worth far more than a VR system - but no one did.

Neil

12. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

Used the ERAD for the first time last week at Hog Heaven in White Pine, Tenn.

Ann and Wade only got the calls two days before and already were up and running. One the frequency range was widened, almost all shooters except very soft voiced and lady's (higher voice) were tickled.

The manual on ERAD's says if you have trouble, the calls prefer PUP over anything else.

13. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

I also was at Hog Heaven and used the device for the first time. Wonderful! Wish everyone used them. The only thing was I kept forgetting I had it clipped on and wanted to walk off with it. Nubs Wagner.

14. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

A possible solution for the "walk-aways" could be a buried wire behind the field that would trigger an alarm if one of the units crossed it's line. The alarm could be incorporated into the clip on device. Or simple solution get LARGE deposits for their use.

Big Jack

15. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

As far as the walking off with them, it was innocent on everyone's part. Just forgot the darn thing was there. How about an alarm of some sort that buzzes / vibrates when the scorer turns the trap off after the last shooter is done? They sure are slick though. Gonna hate going back to the speakers again. Nubs.

16. Harold

Harold TS Member

Why not just attach a brightly colored ribbon to the device. That would be much more noticeable if somebody walked off wearing it.

17. Harold

Harold TS Member

Ray,

Microphone stands are a pain in the butt for the person who has to put them up and take them down for each shooting session. They have to be moved to change a field from singles to handicap. They also cause delays and wasted targets due to people adjusting their position in handicap shooting.

18. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Prairie dog....do you own a set of these? If you do, send them back as something is really wrong with them. I have a set, and get hardly an extra bird. Nothing compared to the cordless Canterbury.

And the scorekeepers don't shut anything down.

Rickyd

19. AMKF

AMKF TS Member

Here at Hog Heaven, we purchased 6 ERAD systems and used them at our shoot this past weekend. It was the biggest Spring shoot we've had. There is no comparison how much better the ERADs are and how much time they saved us. On Friday we ran 23 squads of the first handicap, 32 squads of singles (which included 10 squads of SCTP shooters) and another 21 squads of handicap...all on 6 fields. We started at 9 am and finished by 7:30...well before dusk. There is so far not a problem, as our pullers are very good at collecting them at the end of each 100. As the shooters became accustomed to them, they helped see that all were collected. They can be easily adjusted to accomodate shooters with quiet calls, and the best part is that we don't get all the extra targets thrown from guns closing and cross calls from other fields. I can't say enough good things about them. The folks at ERAD are most helpfuly and very patient with our questions, etc. We had no trouble keeping up with them. It would do no one any good to take one home, as they are programmed for our club and would have to go back to the factory to be used anywhere else. If I can answer any questions, please email me at the email address above.

20. dewman

dewman Member

i used one for handicap practice at ft worth t & s about a month ago ---the unit threw 24 birds--i took it to the mgr.--she knew nohing about--i will not
    be buying one---don weeks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

e r a d device for sale

e r a d wireless voice release

erad usa wireless releases

erad voice release system

fort worth trap & skeet erad instruction