1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

E-mail question....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ljutic73, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Here's on for any of the computer wizards on ts.com. I have one contact who for some reason cannot recieve e-mails from me....I get e-mail from her, but when I reply or send a new e-mail, she does not recieve it. It does not come back as undeliverable. I even ask for a read reciept...nothing, nada, zip!....I do not have this problem with anyone else. She has checked and we're not in her blocked senders list or subject to a "message rule" as far as she can tell. Any guidance here would be apprecitated. Thanks!

Ron

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Are you on her contact list? HMB

3. ljutic73

good question??.....her email address is also her business email but I'll phone her and ask...Thanks!!

Ron

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Ljutic73, I have something going on like that down here too.

I can send to my neighbor and another friend of mine in New York. But......they can't send to each other.

I've tried to figure it out, but so far no luck.

I think it has to do with how they have their computers configured, but don' know for sure.

Hauxfan!

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

In the school district I was a member of for many years, I saw this happen, and it even happens today with some of the governmental entities I deal with.

(1) If the email is not getting bounced back to you labeled "Undeliverable", then you have to assume it is being delivered, but perhaps NOT to the recipient, but elsewhere.

(2) If the above is true, I would have to assume it is being thrown into a "SPAM" account set up by either their host, or the company's email server.

(3) If possible, get hold of the recipient, and tell him/her to contact their IT and tell them to "approve" you as the sender. I had to do this many time with our district's IT person, and the local police & sheriffs department's IT.

Hope this helps you out.

Whiz

6. ljutic73

Thanks, Juno....will get on it tomorrow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.