1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

E-mail Issues

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 686beretta, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

I have had issues since yesterday this is what it says:

The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
    Account: 'mail.bardstowncable.net', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
    Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

I have Windows Vista and I use that as my main e-mail source. Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions?

2. wtjohnso

wtjohnso Member

I'm not intimately familiar with the exact options for Mail on Windows Vista. I presume you're using some variation of 'Windows Mail'. At any rate, it sounds as if some of your options are incorrect.

Account: - Should equal your username, such as beretta686 or beretta686@bardstowncable.net. This is provided by the mail service when you subscribe or your ISP (internet service provider), which appears to be Bardstown Cable.

Password: - Should equal your password for your e-mail account. Please do NOT post that here :)

Server: - Should be the e-mail server fully qualified domain name, i.e. mail.bardstowncable.net

The other options, Protocol, Port and SSL are likely correct.

If this fails, call tech support at your ISP/E-mail provider, they should have instructions for a wide variety of e-mail clients.

Good luck.

3. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Don't know if it related to your problem or not but there were some MAJOR failures in servers run by Amazon. They also rent some of these servers to various other computer service providers. It is possible that your e-mail server may be one of those failed systems rented from Amazon that failed. If so, your mail should return in a little while.

More info on failure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.