1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

E C not commenting on current situation,Why?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1oldtimer, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Why is the E. C. so hush hush on the current ATA situation? Legal advice? Fear? What gives? Clyde Doll

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Takes a while to circle wagons....

Besides, they don't need to say a word, let's just wait and let the facts speak.

Curt

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

Why should they. No matter what they say half the folks here will find fault or disagree with it so why not just wait until the facts are in.

--- Chip King ---

4. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

They could PM me, and I could write a press release for them.

Of course, this "crisis" has a very limited audience, so they can safely stonewall this forum, and this dispute has a very limited chance of spreading to anywhere it can cause much harm.

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Hmmm .... let's see ... if you go to the club to shoot, look around.

5% are doing all the work and 95% just show up to shoot and bitch about everything.

Now tell me ... why should the EC elevate these same A-holes up to a national level?

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Remember the scene in the old Boris Karloff movie, "Frankenstein" when the rabid villagers were storming the castle?

I wonder who would play the part of the old 'burgermeister' leading the charge?

7. samples

samples Member

You "BAAAAAAAD" Berry-- Really Bad---- See you at the Grand-- Dick

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

The EC is commenting a lot about the current situation. There have been several telephone conference meetings. The EC is not commenting on this site and that is probably appropriate. The EC answers first to the Board of Directors, not to Trapshooters.com. Several members of the EC used to post frequently on this site but they were driven away by a few who believed they knew everything and their opinions were the only ones worth consideration.

Pat Ireland

9. shadow

shadow Active Member

It takes a few days for Obamas' speech writers to spin out answers to tough questions. Be patient.

10. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

Hi Clyde, How are you doing? Are you going to the Grand next week> If so Good Luck!! I can't make it, have to work. Hit Them Hard!!! Glenn Allison

11. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Hi Glenn, Looks like this will be the 1st. one I will miss in the last 50 years. Seems like nobody wants to go with me. OH well its been fun. I'll miss it. Clyde Doll

12. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

My son and grandson(mr. 20 gauge ) and myself will be shooting at Mt. Blanchard today
    (Sunday). They have a 50 bird money shoot. Practice trap opens at noon. We
    usually get there around 1:15, Talk to you later. Glenn,
    ps sorry you can't make the grand.

13. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

IF and WHEN the EC comments on the "current situation" Trapshooters.com is NOT the place to do it. Many meetings are planned at the Grand this year and I'd guess that this is one of the main topics for discussion. A rush to judgment here is inappropriate and premature.

Dave

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The people I have talked to do not want the latest issues dropped and forgotten about ... I would imagine thats what the EC would prefer happen but the members deserve answers and accountability ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It is not appropriate to reply to a lynch mob that is not following established procedures for rectifying issues from within the system.

This does not mean the EC is right or wrong about the issue at hand. (And not being an ATA member I really don't care about the issue, since I have no dog in that fight.) Only that those who are trying to conduct a public trial (spectacle) on a website that has nothing to do officially with the ATA are procedurally in error.

If the issue has any validity, it needs to be addressed using the established procedure for grievances or new business within the ATA. Until that is done, from an official viewpoint, the issue does not exist.

16. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

17. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"The people I have talked to do not want the latest issues dropped and forgotten about ... I would imagine thats what the EC would prefer happen but the members deserve answers and accountability"

I imagine they would the only problem is I can't find anything about accountability of transparency in the By-Laws as a matter of fact all I can find is that the EC only answers to the BOD.

Bob Lawless

18. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

There is 4 more in Line to be president and don't want to lose their place.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

19. JRW

JRW Member

The only rec. by Mr. Glatz that you will see put into effect will be to raise the membership fees. Just my opinion. Jerry in MI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.