1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DVR ON YOUR CABLE QUESTION

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

How manu channels can you record on DVR? Comcast says 2 and others say 6. What have you all found out?

2. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

The DVR's with Time Warner Cable only can record 2 shows at a time.

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

My AT&T UVERSE allow 4 simultaneous recordings on regular channels or 2 Hi-Def channels. You can also watch them from any TV, or switch TVs in the middle of a show, regardless of which TV they were recorded from. Pause live TV, replay and rewind are also nice features on UVERSE. Good search function and On-Demand too (for movie rentals etc.)

Best of all, we no longer have to deal with The Great Satan (Time Warner) and their shamelessly unscrupulous business practices.

-Gary

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

5. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

The DVR box itself controls this...via how many tuners you have. Most are 2, especially in HD. The bandwidth is fairly high in HD compared to SD. There are 4 tuner units, and I have heard of 6 tuners in testing. I believe Direct TV has a 4 tuner unit now, but I have not upgraded, and probably won't until the contract is up.

Occasionally it is inconvenient to not have more than 2, but 90% of the time it is plenty.

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I saw an ad from Dish who said (I think that is what I heard) there new DVR could record 6 shows at one time.

Not sure that is true, but it would be nice sometimes to be able to record more than two at a time.,

Hauxfan!

7. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

I told the wife that it's no big deal if you can't record more thans two, most shows repeat sometime within the week of airing anyway!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.