1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DVR 20 wad load

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Charlie Becknell, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I am trying to find a published loading recipe for Down Range Wad (DVR 20), using AA hull(or Remington Premier Hulls ), Long Shot powder, AAor STS Primer, 7/8 oz. shot. I called Down Range and Hodgdon w/o any luck.

Charlie

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

If you struck out with them, you've struck out.

I have used this wad with Universal Clays, but not Longshot.

3. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

You might go to Shotgun World and ask D L Marcum.He knows more about 20GA loading than anyone i know.

4. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

I found a great load using 20/28 and never looked back. ....Rick

5. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

3dram8,

And what is this load and where is it published? Thanks.

Charlie

6. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Never heard of a DVR wad. Do you mean DRV-20, the Downrange Versalite? See: http://www.downrangemfg.com/index.php/by-gauge/20-gauge/item/drv-20?category_id=29

The obvious answer is to use Versalite loads which can be found on the Alliant Powder Reload Guide: http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/recipedetail.aspx?shotype=&weight=0.875&weightdis=7%2f8&shellid=513&gtypeid=3&gauge=20

Or you could use the Versalite data in the Hodgdon Reloading Data Center: http://data.hodgdon.com/shotshell_load.asp

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

On Hodgdon's website, there are some good loads using Universal Clays. The data shows 'Hornady Versalite' as the wad.

8. Landshark

Landshark Member

I sell lots of the DRV-20 wads. They guys are running Universal, 20/28 and some are even running 7625.

9. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

The 20 gauge version of the Versalite patterns a little "tighter" than regular wads due to the thicker petals on the wads. The 12 gauge Versalite is a favorite among handicap shooters for this very reason, and the 20 gauge (being made the same way with the thicker petals) patterns tighter as well. ....Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

downrange drv 20 load data

drv 20 shotshell wad

drv20 wad

dvr 20 gauge shotgun wads

dvr20 one oz loads

hodgon relad data for 20 gauge drv20