1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Duster Blue wads, What u think?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pull & Mark, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Piddy, I am using them in the 28 ga. the red Dusters (win AA style). In the old style hulls and they work GREAT. I am very happy with them. I have to go out of my way to get them and they are worth it. Not sure for the 12 ga. I do not load them anymore, at this time. They are very slick and go it great. Not dry like the claybusters. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

2. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Yup Blues and greens, I like the slippery plastic, reloads easy and almost no plastic fouling. Great powder seal and cold weather shooting.

GS

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

BigBore is right about the 12SO. It is hard to beat at range.

As a Duster distributor, I will say the hull goes very well through progressive machines, and may leave less fouling in the bore. They also seem to work well in cold weather, as long as pressures are kept up.

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Just a quick word on the Blue Dusters. A couple of years ago, there appears to have been an issue with the plastic compound and the wads would fracture in cold weather. This resulted in some off sounding loads and horrible patterns. The loads also ran slower than they should have. Both the Green and the Blue Dusters were affected. It appears that there might still be some of those defective wads in the distribution channels, since we experienced some issues with them last winter. I still have a bunch of these that I will use ONLY in the warmer weather. They had worked very well for me in the past, but given the cold weather troubles, I went on to use other wads that performed as expected in ALL weather conditions.

5. kolar12

kolar12 Member

I have used the blue and the green for about six or seven years. I find they are a very nice wad. Other than the problems that Quack stated, they work fine. I have also used the green for 7/8 oz loads in a STS hull. Nice crimp and a good performing shell. Did not know they were comming out with a wad specifically for 7/8 oz. Figures, with the price of shot. I like them a lot better than Claybusters. Leaves a cleaner barrel. Gary

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

At another time and for about 5 years I used the greens for 1 oz and had not one issue with them. I did feel they produced just a tad more felt recoil and the chronograph suggest a slight boost in velocity over AA or CB pinks.....Bob Dodd

7. tomk2

tomk2 Member

I never had a problem with Duster wads. A year or two ago it became "easier" to get Downrange wads, so I have stock of each brand. I switch back and forth without issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.