1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DuPont powder ?- #5

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by msmith, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msmith

msmith Member

Hello, I bought a bunch of components and there was 2, 8 oz cans of un opened DuPont pistol powder- number 5. These still have the seal on them. Do these have any value? Thanks, Mike

2. msmith

msmith Member

Anybody have ant info? Thanks, Mike

3. 10gaugeman

10gaugeman Member

If it's labeled #5 it must be Accurate Arms powder. Thats the only #5 powder that I can remember. Is it a factory label or did someone pour it into a Dupont container and hand label it?

Mark

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Man those are oldies! Never used any, but Elmer Keith liked the stuff. Tells you how old it is. I would bet there is some collector value.

5. msmith

msmith Member

Hello, it is a factory label, still has a seal around the spout. Green print on a metal 8 oz can. The one can has a partial clear plastic on it. It pick these up a a big estate sale of wads and hulls and these were in it. Mike

6. ctreay

ctreay Member

My oldest reloading manual is a SPEER 1966 edition. It has no mention of Dupont #5 so it is older than that.

ctreay

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

If I'm not mistaken, it dates back to the 1930's or 1940's. There was some #80 powder at one time back then too. It's old, but would probably still work if you had data for it. I remember looking at some old data for it back in the 60's that was dated back when the .357 magnum was being developed. It predates the ancient 2400, if I have my time frame correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.