1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Duplicating B&P shotshells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chichay, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Anybody who has shot B&P shells marvel at their relative lack of recoil considering their velocity. I shoot Olympic trap using their 24gm F2 Legend and F2 Mach shells (1230fps & 1365fps respectively) and would like duplicate these loads, recoilwise, using components available to reloaders. B&P uses proprietary components. Would appreciate your input and experience.

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

B&P credits their collpseable-base 'Gordon System' hull for some of that recoil reduction. I think it is eyewash, but ...

The B&P wad - the T2 - is available from Precision Reloading or BPI, and it is an excellent wad, indeed.

This is the loading data that comes with the bag of T2, and I've used the T-2 with FederalPapers and 700x, PB & 7625 for my hummingbird and bumblebee loads, all are +1350 fps, and faster.

Bob

[​IMG]

3. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Here is a Shotgun World posting by a B&P employee regarding reloading the B&P hulls:

"Hi everyone,

I just came across your posts from a while back but wanted to comment. My name is Aleesha and I work for B&P USA. I see there are quite a few people interested in the possibility of reloading B&P shotgun shells. The B&P hull can be reloaded as many times as any other high quality hull, but the Gordon Hull System (for recoil reduction) will only apply to your first shot. The Gordon Hull System will remain in the bottom of the hull, but will only compress once. We are not currently importing Baschieri and Pellagri components, but we are working on it for the future. This is why the reloading data is not readily available."

It appears from this posting that the claimed recoil reduction by the Gordon System is limited to the factory load only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
b & p shotshells
b p shotgun shells review
b&p shotgun shells
b&p shotgunworld

b&p shotshells

gordon hull system

gordon system shotshells

the gordon recoil reducing system