1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dumbest thing YOU have done with your Trapgun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by awbenz, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

I left mine in the gun holder in the golf cart all night. There was something about Happy Hour.
    Allen

2. Juno

Juno TS Member

Shot a hen instead of a rooster.

Juno

3. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Can you picture what happens when you go to check the trap while carrying your gun and wearing a Ventriloquist wireless voice release, fail to turn off either the trap or the release, and respond "What?" when someone calls your name?

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Left a extremely nice rem 31 trap in a gunrack at Rochester Indiana all night. Don and Linda Cain were running the club and found it. They knew it was mine. Too many beers after the shoot. That gun was not a replaceable item. I am lucky Don found it. It was 1985

5. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

I've done this twice with my combo and I'm not proud of it.

I went to the line to shoot doubles and noticed when it was my turn that the gun would only hold one shell. Really, twice and both times at the PA State Shoot.

6. Juno

Juno TS Member

Jerry, thats hillarious!!!!!! Hope you didn't yell pull before you noticed.

7. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Went to put my 1 week old XT on my tailgate and missed. It gives me heartburn everytime I see the lovely marks from it hitting the asphalt (all on one side). On the bright side (if there is one), I can certainly pick it out, when there are many on the rack.

8. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Put my K80 with a new sporting stock in a soft case and didn't zipper the back. It fell out and scatched a brand new stock. This was when I was putting it into my car. Had not even left the house. Never had to worry about scratching that stock ever again. I'm lucky it didn't break.

9. DoRaMa

DoRaMa Member

4170 N. Gun Powder Circle, Hastings NE 68901
    A couple of years ago I got a new stock for a Browning I was going to shoot.

I dropped the stock was I was putting it on. Well I kicked / bounced it on my right foot on the way down. You know to help the fall and slow it down. Only to flip it from the butt end to the thin receiver end ........CRACK...........

Rotten thing is setting 3 foot from me now.......Just where I put it and the gun 3 years ago!!!!

Kevin

10. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Seen a guy pull in to a gun club to shoot trap one sunday morning . As he walk,t around the pickup truck he seen his tail gate was down . He had lost a new K-80 combo on the road . Never found it .

ALF

11. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Dumbest thing I have ever done with a trap gun??????????
    Shot a 68 in singles. Talk about dumb!!!!!!!! Might even qualify for stupid.

Gne J

12. otnot

otnot Active Member

Walk out to the line to shoot singles and have the wrong trigger group.

13. trappug

trappug TS Member

I left it at home once,when I was on my way to shoot.Needless to say I did not shoot that day.

14. old tex

old tex TS Member

Before Alan Wilhite gave me the proper tools I "adjusted" my PFS stock on a gun rack - a__ holes I shoot with (including Alan) have never let me forget it!!!
    unc

15. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

MTA TOM,

I took your advise to imagine your experience...

Great visual and hilarious!

milt

16. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Bought a Series 4 stock and forearm to put on my Series 3 MX8...Crappola...LarryB

17. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Tried to shoot is seriously.

Jerbear

18. Browning30

Browning30 TS Member

I shot with a guy that opened up his case here in South Dakota and relized he left his DT-10 on the rack at the Iowa state shoot a week before the Grand.

I myself left my gun on the rack the day after I bought it luckily my dad saw it and brought it home.
    -Lucas Young

19. shadow

shadow Active Member

Tried to "adjust" POI on a flat shooting 870TC by heating the barrel red hot and dropping a bag of shot on it. Hey!, it works. After the experiment I had the highest shooting TC ever.

20. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Bought it - now look at me.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.