1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dumb Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trappy12, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

What are the classifications for AAA, AA, A, B, C, D as far as percentages. I can't find my ATA Handbook and am trying to figure this out. Thanks!
    -Trappy

2. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

sorry to hijack but i have another dumb ? how many singles/caps trgts before review for reduction

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

uh, yeah... mucho dumb

you think you guys never heard o-da-net

4. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Yeah and I couldn't find that. Just because I'm young doesn't mean I can figure out anything with the internet!
    -Trappy

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

walrus. I mean no ill will. I am just on Trappy's case. He and I know each other well enough to know that the TS.com forum is just fun banter. I know he took my little jab in stride.

palletjack

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Trappy- Remember, when you look up the established % for each class that other factors are involved in classification. It is not unusual to have two shooters with identical averages in different classes.

Pat Ireland

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Trappy12

"Yeah and I couldn't find that. Just because I'm young doesn't mean I can figure out anything with the internet!"

Trappy why didn't you call the Whtehouse and have your Messiah tell you where it was.

Walrus when was the last time you were on this site it gets posted here on a weekly basis.

Bob Lawless

9. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

waitwait...what?! Now I'm confused. Which can't it just be simple and have normal percentage! What are the other factors?
    -Trappy

10. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I think what Pat means is that if a shooter has an average that is just above the the class break point and has a couple of scores that get his average just below the break point then the shooter should shoot in the higher class. It comes under the known ability heading.

Eric

11. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

"What are the other factors?"

Most notably, "known ability."

The percentage cut-offs for each class also depend on whether the event is based on three classes, forur, five, or six.

I believe, for calculating whether someone is singles class AA at the end of the year (to establish whether they get a AA-27-AA pin) they use five classes.

12. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Just maybe.....Walrus has a real life & doesn't spend all day on this site looking for other posters to insult & put down.

13. ivanhoe

EE Shame on you didn't you read the post by hunter44 statement. How dare you insult and put down those that don't know that....LOL

BTW I guess if you know some information you are supposed to keep it to yourself and those that are less informed go on with out the knowledge. After all it would serve them right for not knowing. YA RIGHT

Bob Lawless

14. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I did not know I had to call the Whitehouse to get Obama's permission to shoot the handicap.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

15. ivanhoe

EE which is exactly what I did. That web address for the rulebook is posted on this site with almost every rules question/discussion which is usually weekly.

Unfortunately hunter44 doesn't recognize the difference between informing some one of facts and insulting them. So when you made the statement I commented on it from his point of view. My post was just a little Satire thats all nothing to worry about.

longshot know one mentioned permission or handicap so it is no surprise that you don;t know!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

16. RAScott

RAScott Member

Dr Longshot. be careful of the meaning that Obama Might give you on shooting handicaps The enointed one may not be talking clay targets.

Bob S

17. phirel

phirel TS Member

Trappy- For classification I consider the average for the year, the average on the last 1000 targets, major wins and exceptionally high scores (100,200 straights).

Pat Ireland

18. KenC

KenC Member

To quote Kenny Mayne from ESPN: "There are no dumb questions; only dumb people who ask questions."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.