1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Dumb as a rock, Barack" Not

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I refer to Obama as Ojackass, or "Dumb as a rock Barack" but you know this clown is getting everything he wants. Maybe we are the dumb ones.

I'm referring to this meeting he had with BP today. I might have this wrong because the TV, radio, internet goes off when that man is one any medium. I just can't stand to watch or listen to him. So correct me if I have this wrong. My understanding from the bits and peices I've picked up is that BP has pledged to put 20 Billion of their money into a slush fun that OBAMA will control and decides who gets reimbursed for any damages they might have incurred because of this spill.

Obama gets to dish out 20 Billion. Hello ACORN you are back in business. Party time to grease the skids of all the hucksters and supporters out there. You think LA, MS, AL, (red states) are going to get any of this. Oh he'll make a big deal out of throwing a crum to somebody in one of those states, but you know Obama doesn't give a rats a$$ about those states he doesn't have a chance of winning in 2012.

This is the Chicago way, he is a bigger gangster than Al Capone, Joe Batters, Sam Giancana, Joey the clown, and all the leaders of the Chicago "Outfit" combined.

BP's money but he gets to write the check. In a couple of years from now people who received money will be saying I didn't get a damn dime from BP, instead I got my money through the all caring Obama. They will have forgot whose money it was, just who gave it to em.

And where does Lord Obama get the authority to demand 20 Billion from BP? Shouldn't that be up to a court to decide damages?

Lets say a giant truck (BP) runs loose in your neighborhood, crashes through your privacy fence, takes out your shrubs, knocks over your mailbox, goes through the neighbors yard does the same and a half a dozen yards also. A cop(Obama) arrives on the scene (late) and oversees the clean up. After clean up you make a list of damages, you approach the truck owner (BP) to collect for you lost. Truck owner (BP) says cop (Obama) just had me write a check for 100K to him (Obama) and he would distribute just compensation. How can that happen you ask? You truck owner (BP) are the one who caused damage, I should settle with you. Truck owner (BP) says - well he is the cop, and he ordered me to do it that way. Well anyway you go see cop (Obama) and he says I noticed you haven't ever purchased any tickets to the policemen’s ball. Hit the road, you scumbag rich homeowner, I don't see any damage.

"Dumb as a rock, Barack" - not!! He got socialized medicine when Jimmy Carter, Ted Kennedy, Bill and Hillary couldn't. He got the 50 year old liberal dream across the goal line.

Chrysler bondholders - centuries of corporate law turned on it's head when the bondholders where moved from the front of the line to the back.

Owns, runs the symbol of American industrial might - GM.

Need a student loan - only one place you can go for that date. Obama's government.

Banks - can you name a large one he doesn't control?

And now he just orders a multinational corporation to pony up 20 Billion and he gets to decide who was hurt by the spill or not.

Scary, what this man is doing. And he knows exactly what he is doing.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

I have a different take, and it's slightly more optimistic than yours, Biss. This 20B fund needed to be set up for a very good reason. I think Obama really had no choice how to go on this one.

If monetary reparation is through the court system exclusively, as in your cop-and-truck analogy above, Obama knows he can't trust the Lawyers not to end up with 70% of it. He had to by-pass that somehow, for his own political sake. Otherwise, you'll have the Glenn Becks of the world gleefully pointing out a year from now that the victims got the shaft, because of Obama's inability to prevent the Democrat Party's fat-cat Lawyer donor constituents from taking their customary position at the front of the line.

The Internet Left wants Obama to run BP out of business, just like they wanted him to run the whole medical insurance industry out of business...but as usual, they're not living in reality. They thought he was going to put BP into government receivership last night - like some kind of auto industry deal. The Daily Kos faggots can say whatever they want...it ain't happening.

In a country with an effective 17% unemployment rate, even Obama is smart enough to know you don't put people back to work by running corporations (and all their associated support industries) out of business.

The reality is, Obama _needs_ BP to stay in business and make a profit, so the entire population of the Gulf Coast can be dependents on their payroll for the next 10 years. I hate what happened here, but the truth is, the Government is never going to be able to make these people whole for the rest of their lives. Obama's last, best chance to _not_ have a zillion homeless, starving people knocking on the Federal Government's door for the next decade, is to have a thriving, profitable BP, depositing $$$ into an escrow account that bypasses the Lawyers and goes straight to the people. If talks break down, and BP tells Obama to F_ck off and they have to collect the money through the courts, the Lawyers will have a feeding frenzy and then you get the Glenn Beck scenario I outlined above. Despite all the tuff talk, Obama's political future depends on finding some kind of win-win solution with BP on this. If he runs BP out of business, it would create a vacuum the Federal Government cannot fill, and Obama darn well understands that (even if the adolescent Internet Left doesn't).

The Internet Left isn't going to like that...but the Internet Left's intellectual development is permanently frozen at age 22. They simply have unrealistic expectations about how a free capitalist society actually functions, and will either have to grow up or be very disappointed in life. This is not a late-night dorm-room philosophy debate. The capitalist "real world" doesn't subscribe to their notions of how things should be. America still needs the Auto Industry. America still needs the Banks. America still needs the Insurance Companies, and Pharmaceutical companies. These are all things that the Government simply has no idea how to do without. And believe it or not, as hard as it may be to accept...America needs BP, now more than ever. The Government cannot do this, and Obama has proven that. He's fired his magazine empty, and the oil is still flowing.

Obama hit his high-water mark with the Health Care Bill. I think he's done. Republicans will pick up 30 seats this fall, and the resulting razor-thin Democrat majority won't be able to pass a single thing. G-R-I-D-L-O-C-K is coming back to town, baby. If the Left resented having to suck the Blue Dogs' cranks to get HCR passed, they ain't going to like the next few years. The Party is Over. Obama and his advisors see the long hard slog that lies ahead, and are preparing themselves for it. Every Katrina-type issue that highlights the Federal Government's basic incompetence at executing anything outside the virtual fantasy world of the DC beltway is a potential life-or-death political threat to Obama's re-election.

I hope all you commies had your fun while it lasted.

3. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

20 bil. my ass,,,its been reported BP only has 7 bil.cash available without selling off???,,,where do think the other 13 bil. comes from......

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land

And they say organized crime is supposedly on the decline.

Typical Chicago thuggery. Betcha ACORN and SEIU get their mitts on this money.

5. sturgeon

sturgeon Member

Obama and the Press seem to have forgotten that 39% of BP is American owned. BP are not the only Corporations involved in the mess. Transoil, Haliburton and the Federal Regulators have questions to answer. Why do they not contribute to the Fund. Sorry I am a pessimist...the only winners will be the predatory Lawyers. SteveB

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Since when is Feinberg "independent"?

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

buzz-gun, I agree with you that the "deal" is probably a good one for BP, and might be the only way to save the company from the lawyers.

I question the right or the authority of Ojackass to even make the "deal". Shouldn't the 535 members of the legislature in DC be required to make law for this "deal" to even be possible.

I'm not even sure congress has the right to do something like this. What are the courts going to say? Denying the right to due process?

Obama is now judge, juror, and executioner? This is Hitlerest. Mein Fuhrer can do anything he wants. He can fine people, settle court cases (damages), determine who is entitled to sue.

Like Brian mentioned wonder what damages will be awarded to ACORN, SEIU, wonder how many claims will be awarded to Chicago? You know the slick just had to makes it way up the Mississippi river through the Illinois river right into downtown Chitown.

8. shadow

shadow Active Member

Big winner is Brazil. They have a huge deepwater reserve that has barely been tapped because deepwater rigs are VERY hard to come by. Those rigs off our coastline will be moved to Brazil now that the drill is stopped here.

Anyone want to guess who owns most of the stock in the Brazilian oil company ?

George Soros !

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Obama gave Brazil 2 billion so they could do some deep water drilling off their coast. But he wants to close down our oil fields. You got to love this commie.

10. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

The Dept Of Defense briefed the president this morning. They told President Obama that two Brazilian soldiers were killed in Afghanistan.

To everyone's surprise, all the color drained from Obama's face. Then he collapsed onto his desk, head in his hands, visibly shaken, almost in tears. Finally, he composed himself and asked, 'Just how many is a brazilian?' This is not surprising, since he obviously has no understanding of billion or trillion either.

11. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Dumb,,Stupid,,take your pick,,read the article/link above,,,,if you haven't crapped today you will soon,,,,,,,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.