1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@@ DUCKEYE @@@

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by halfmile, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I don't see how any boycott is neccessary for shooting sports.

We live in basically a free market economy. Except, of course for certain necessities of life, none of which is shooting.

People can vote with their feet.

HM

2. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

I am involved with a small 4 trap club and I know that we can throw registered targets for 20.00 and give decent trophies and we charge 2.50 practice for members and 3.00 for non-members and I know we make money and that is with 30 squads total with all 3 events . We pay as much for targets as the next club so why do they need 7.50 for practice. Do they charge 29.00 for 100 registered targets? I think that 3.00 would be fair for the practice round

3. ZeroHero

ZeroHero TS Member

We were just talking about this at the club this weekend. The manager showed up some numbers and the cost of a round of trap was right at $5. This covered everything from the price of targets to heat, electric, water, phone, insurance, employee wages/ work-mans comp. and taxes. (This was after he purchased the ground and built the club and installed equipment.)

Duke

4. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

Jerry B

I can understand your problem. Is there no way that you can get some volunteer help That is one of the secrets that a lot of clubs have and NEED We pay the trap boys and scorers and that is all and it is a token amount as we are lucky that they are not high priced help Some of them will work for a couple rounds of practice. If you have to pay all the help that you have I guess that you are in deep s... as far as price goes. There has to be some volunteer help somewhere we have a man that sets the traps for us at no charge and he is very good.

Have you tried to get some free help at some point in time? Depending on how many members you have there should be some that will give a couple hours here and there. If not I can see your problem

Duckeye

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Jerry,

How do you use your 3 traps? Saturday we ran 48 singles shooters on 10 squads and 49 HC shooters on 10 squads, started about 8:45 and finished about 2:30 by shooting 100 per field on our 3 traps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.