1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

duckbill rib receiver extension for 1400?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

anyone have any idea where someone could some across one of these?

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

they were part of the casting of the receiver...not a separate part..?

3. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I do not know if they are part of the receiver on a 1200 but they were not on a model 12. I have one or two in my shop for model 12's

4. garykatfish

garykatfish TS Member

It comes off with two allen screws.

Gary

5. start1

start1 TS Member

i too have looked for a duckbill for 1200/1400 win. and found nothing. i was able to find a skeet and trap gun easier. a couple gun repair / parts suppliers in missouri drew a blank. it looks like they could be formed of aluminum or some industral plastic with a little time and effort. what turned me off was if i came up with a duck bill i still needed a trap or skeet barrel made as a trap/skeet for properly using a duck bill due to different rib height at the chamber end of the barrel. check gunsamerica and other gun sale web sites for a 1200 or 1400. i bought an unfired skeet 1400 a few weeks ago for a little over $300.00 and run up on a good 1200 trap locally for $250.00. there are a lot of folk out there that would not be caught dead with either in the gun cabinet. i have not had a problem with either modle and have owned and shot them for several years, not everyone can or will have that experience. they fit and point well for me. good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.