1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Duck Recipes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by calilori, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calilori

calilori TS Member

Ok, you guys helped me out with the dove recipes which were excellent. Now, I have 7 ducks to prepare. Does anybody have any really good recipes? At this point I'm just glad he didn't go deer hunting this year!

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Lori, If you like liver it will matter very little what you do to them. If you do not like liver it will matter a great deal what you do. Wild duck needs to be rare unless you want it to taste like liver. I grill it rare after marinating it in Italian dressing overnight. If the idea of pink in the middle duck scares you then just cook them whatever way you want as in the end they will taste like liver. It really does not make much diffrence if they are Mallards,Pintails, teal, or the various diver ducks. They are all pretty gamey when cooked through. I have met many people who like wild duck and they all had a love for liver in common. Jeff

3. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Lori, what ever you do, save some roast duck for sandwiches. I like roast duck but I think cold duck on a sandwich with lettuce and mayo is the best cold sandwich ever.........Roger

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I pick mine and roast them till done. Don't overcook!!!!

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

What they all said. Rare, rare, rare. Oh, and one more thing, rare. Jake

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Cook duck in red wind at 350 deg for 45 min. Then pour wine in in glass and drink. Throw duck in garbage.

7. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Poor Donald, he never could get anything right!

Hauxfan!

8. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I think Donald should be arrested.

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Hauxfan, That is just wrong. Jeff

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

We skin the ducks. Eliminates a whole lot of problems trying to overcome the taste.

Stuff with bread and a quarter of an apple. Salt and pepper the breast liberally. Pin 3 strips of bacon on the breast with toothpicks. roast at 300 - 325, keeping water a little in the bottom of the roaster, till they start to fall apart.

Toss the apple and bread, make gravy with mushrooms from the drippings with a little red wine added, and enjoy.

HM

11. calilori

calilori TS Member

Thanks guys. Pirahna that looks like the same recipe I used on the doves and they were YUMMY! I don't happen to like to liver so I'll have to make sure they are rare. Cold duck sandwich sounds good too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.