1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Duck hunting on Saturday

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by hrosik123, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

This Saturday opens ducks in New Jersey. Didn't have much luck during early goose(too hot). Lots of rain and wind here in the northeast so hopefully hunting should be real good. Want to hear from all the other fowlers. When do you start and are you ready? Good luck Chuck Hrosik

2. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Our season opened last week in WI. Despite flooding and very high water levels several of my friends did very well on Mississippi River near La Crosse.

Was a little slow in SE corner of state, but we managed to bang down a few woodies.

SW

3. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Seen lots of woodies and pintails where I'm gonna set up. Should be a great year. I've seen more ducks in the last two weeks of scouting this year than I did all last year hunting. Good luck SW, hit em up. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

4. BufferBob

BufferBob TS Member

Opens here in Oregon. Lot's of birds around

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

October 22nd for us here in Delaware.

Curt

6. soup

soup Member

CHUCK ,

Do you hunt in a Barnegat Bay Sneakbox-all grassed over w/a nice big fishhook rig of cork puddle duck decoys>>or do you use that OTHER method of pass shooting ??

Only kidding Chuck , good luck Saturday & be careful . Wait till they "set their wings " .

BILL

7. otnot

otnot Active Member

The swans arrived here in Kasilof Alaska the other day and this usually indicates the end of the migration south.

8. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Had a fantastic opening weekend here in Minnesota--Canada goose, a beautiful blue goose, pintails, mallards, widgeon, teal, red heads. Our spot was great but a little quieter than our other group, they limited out at 6 birds each within 2 hours of opening!

9. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

The woodie strips were wonderful..... Mmmmmm

SW

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I'm ready....
    [​IMG]

11. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Hope to post some pics Saturday night or Sunday. Warm weather but my dads going with me so I don't really care if we get anything. Spending time with him is good enough for me. Woodies, mallards, pins, teals, and blacks are all over. Woodies taste the best so I'm hoping to get a few of those. Should be a good opener. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

12. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

HIT, FISH HOOKS SETOUTS ARE FOR DIVING DUCKS NOT PUDDLE DUCKS. i WILL TELL YOU WHY IT YOUR ARE INTERESTED.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.