1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DUCK HUNTING CENTRAL ILL.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BLACKDOG, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

Just a quick question, any body out there shooting any duck's. This might be our LAST YEAR for hunting in general, either our governor or president elect, will fix that. Most interested in central ILL. but anything close is GOOD

2. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Yep!!!!!!! Roger

3. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Levi I am working with a bunch of duck hunters that hunt the Havana area. It's raining today and it didn't take long for that group of fellas to take a rain out today:) Most of them have had good success this year. The "Woodies, mallards and mergansers and gadwalls,sp? are plentiful. They tell me there have been several "fly days" when they have hunted on the weekends. Right next to where I have my camper parked is the Emaquon Preserve and they hunt three days a week there. Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays with drawings for the blinds and spaces on the day before. That's all I know except iit's raining like a spring storm out there right now. Good luck in your hunting. Dan

4. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

Thank you, Dahaub. I hunt just north of Bath, this helps. If it really gets good yell at me I have four vacation days left, you like one of them to be a great duck day

5. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Peoria Sunday paper gave some numbers from Banner Marsh among others. The writer thought the numbers were extremely good due to lack of food & flooding early in the year. The recent cold snap probably sent Teal & Woodies south but may have brought some fresh ducks down.

6. frank t

frank t TS Member

Was in Warsaw hunting this weekend. Lots of divers not many mallards. The refuge at Navoo is holding some ducks but not nearly as many as last week. Local hunters believe the majority of the mallards have not yet come down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.