1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Duck Hunters

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by whatta_attitude, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whatta_attitude

whatta_attitude TS Member

enough said????

2. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

That's just wrong! There should be an open season on those evil birds.

Rollin

3. blowin smoke

blowin smoke TS Member

True story. Went this morning with my 11 month old Chessie. Got into some ducks. One of my (buddies?) asked me to take my dog over to some really thick stuff to find one that he shot and went down on the other side of a deep creek (small river). Anyway, in the process I fell into a stump hole, got soaked, twisted my knee, and eventually realized that my $200.00 plus electronic muffs were no longer stuffed inside my waders. When I got back to the other side, I sent the dog back across the creek to keep looking for his duck. He started going nuts in some really thick stuff along the side of the creek. No damn lie, he came up with my ear muffs in his mouth and swam them back across the creek to me! He then went BACK across and found the drake wood duck. Found all of the other ducks that went down except for one that I am pretty sure the guy marked in the wrong place.

BTW, not advertising for Remington, but they are the R2000 model. I took them apart and dried them/ put them back together and they actually work perfect!

Can't wait to go again. Really.

4. blowin smoke

blowin smoke TS Member

Thanks Richard. I did limp out to his pen and give him a few treats yesterday. I've had several retrieve ducks, but lost ear muffs was a first for me.

Mike in VA

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Your Chessie is on the right track, sounds like he'll make a great dog. Could you send him over? I have 3 pairs of plyers, a socket wrench, and a flashlight lost in my wetlands.

6. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

That duck must be pretty hard up to shoot an urgly hunter like that!

7. blowin smoke

blowin smoke TS Member

Good one, Setterman...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.