1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Duck Commander Signs With Mossberg

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by DoubleAuto, Jun 23, 2013.

1. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Duck Commander fellows have signed to promote Mossberg Firearms. They currently have the number one and number ten non-fiction hardcover books on the NY Times Best Seller List. Si has a book out. Successful TV show. These guys are shrewd businessmen. Money, Money, Money coming their way. Glad for them. Seem to be good people.

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

After the way Benelli treated Tom Knapp I'm not surprised.

3. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Glad they're with an American company. :)

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Good to see them run with a winner, like Mossberg.

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Shame to stoop that low...

6. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

They are not scared/intimidated to pray to Jesus either, from what I read the networks put a lot of pressure on them to conform to they're PC crapola. But they said no deal GOOD FOR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Robert Stack was with Mossberg.-- Nothing wrong with the old Mossy back! I've killed a truck load of ducks with them! Not blingy and shiny but they WORK and they are American made! I think their show is great! Not PC and won't be!

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    bigbore613, quote: <i>"Shame to stoop that low..."</i>

The Mossberg 590 was the ONLY shotgun to complete the milspec tests in the 1980s when the Marines were looking for a new shotgun.

Mossbergs are simple and reliable. Mossberg is paying attention to what hunters want. Mossberg has been more innovate in the last couple of decades than some other gun companies.

Laugh all you want, but Mossberg is going to make bank on this.

9. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

There was a bunch of crap said when Jesse Duff signed with Taurus... She is tearing up everything since!

SW

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Mossberg has forever tarnished its name by coming out with cartoonish designs. The Roadblocker (with a 50BMG style muzzlebrake), the Chainsaw (with a chainsaw handle attached to the forend) and the lever action 30-30 with a collapsible stock. They've turned themselves into a laughing stock.

11. Brian in Oregon

Wow, three goofy guns condemns their entire line and company. Sheesh.

If you want to condemn goofy guns why not start with plastic revolvers?

Or maybe the goofy looking Browning Recoilless.

Or the Space Gun.

Or the PFS assault stock, definitely not a design of grace and beauty.

Or the metrosexual euro versions of the Cynergy.

I'm sure I can come up with a lot of goofy looking guns to condemn the companies that made them.

12. Bob M

Bob M Member

I just bought my first Mossberg. It is a used camo 835 ultimag. I intend to shoot it tonight, but since they don't make release triggers, I'll probably keep shooting the K-80 unsingle for trap.

My son wants to hunt turkeys and for $155 it was a good deal for me. It is rugged, simple, and utilitarian.

The 50 BMG and the chainsaw are funny looking, but if they sell guns...

The collapsible stock looks like it could be swapped out. For a parent with a 'not done growing' child it would be easier than cutting now and spacers later.

Time will tell.

13. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

B in O,

Don't forget those Daffy Duck exploding cigars, I mean K-80s...

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I gave my grandson a Mossberg bolt rifle. Shoots lights out, just as good as my more expensive rifles. my daughter and her mate shoot the pumps for occasional trap. She got hers for a gift from a disabled neighbor who liked to go to DU events where they give them away.

I won't dis them, even though I have never owned one.

A lot of people are shooting because there are affordable guns around.

So the snobs can have their opinion, even if it's wrong.

HM

15. perezal

perezal Member

Mossberg All The Way.

16. philk

philk Member

Makes sense if your hunting in a swamp to use disposable guns.

17. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I agree with PhilK! If the Duck Commander guys were making a living shooting ATA Trap, I would think signing up with Mossberg would be a losing venture for both Duck Commander and Mossberg. But, these guys are not shooting competitions, they are duck hunting in the wild - rough conditions call for rough guns!

Although I do not hunt with a Mossberg, I hold them in high regard as a hunting gun. I much rather have some of the newer Mossberg designs than some of the newer Remington designs. One thing for certain, the Mossberg's will probably kick less than the Benelli's they were shooting! This is coming from a "used to be" Benelli fan. I don't know if it is age, gun design, or shells - but, the newer Benelli's kick the snot out of me!

18. Brian in Oregon

philk, quote: <i>"Makes sense if your hunting in a swamp to use disposable guns.</i>

There's a lot of irony in your statement....

The Mossberg 500 and especially the 835 are especially well suited for hunting in swamps and salt marshes. Much more so than the Model 12 or 870.

The 500, 590 and 835 all have shell latches and other internal parts that are easily removable by the owner. This means you can get these parts out to flush out even salt water. These latches are staked in on the 870.

The mag tubes on the Mossberg are user replaceable. They screw in. An innovation Remington has yet to figure out.

The 590 and 835 have a mag tube that has no inner barrel retention system, so they can be opened and easily scrubbed out or dried. Only the very late 870s have this.

The Mossbergs have a corrosion resistant receiver (aluminum alloy), yet the bolt to barrel lockup is done via the steel tang of the barrel, just like the 870.

I have almost three decades of hard service on my Mossberg 590, and it's been in some harsh conditions that would have ruined an 870. It's still going strong and has been totally reliable.

If you want to consider the Mossberg as "disposable" based upon price, that's one thing. But not on quality. These guns, though relatively inexpensive, do not give up functional quality. You get a lot of bang for the buck with them. Remington at this point is pricing themselves out of this market.

19. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Where are the high rib trap guns they made in the late 70's????

One of our club members had one of the first ones.

Anyone know how many they made?? Haven't seen one for a long time.

Regards....Gerald

20. Brian in Oregon

Where are the Mossberg high rib trap guns?

Are you kidding? Rem 1100 trapshooters get enough mauling from snooty elitists, showing up with a Mossberg trap gun would be like wrapping yourself in raw meat and jumping in a lion cage.

I'm tempted to get one just to raise the blood pressure on some overweight trapshooters.