1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Duane Buchholz (Wisconsin) 1933-2008

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dickotto, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dickotto

dickotto TS Member

It is with great sadness, and yet joy, that I announce the passing of a great friend in life, and in Trapshooting. Duane passed away Monday 10/20/08 at 2:25 am. He had been fighting a losing battle with cancer for the past 4 years and it finally overcame him. In his fight for life he had the heart of a true champion. He was a great friend, whom I had the pleasure of knowing for the past 40+ years. He taught me many things about trapshooting and about the values of friendships. Please watch the newspapers for the details of funeral arrangements. If you would like to express condolences to the family the address is:
    2607 Fox River Pky Waukesha, 53189

2. dickotto

dickotto TS Member

Postscript: For those of you who did not know Duane, he was a very accomplished trapshooter. He was the state Singles champion in 1962 and 1971. In 1971 he was also the state Doubles champion. In 1992 he was inducted into the WI Trapshooting Assn. Hall of Fame. For many years he was the chief organizer of the Sentinel Shotgun clinic held at the Waukesha Gun club. Along with Dick Bennett and I, we "snapped lots of caps" together. Duane was better known at the chicken shoots as "Anthony", because if he stated his real name, no one would sign up with him. Always friendly and willing to help out with advice to new & old shooters, and do anything to promote the sport of trapshooting. If you knew Duane, you never forgot him, and if not, you missed knowing a really great person!!

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I am truely sorry for your loss of this great friend. They are hard to come by.

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Duane sounds like the kind of man with whom I would have liked to shoot. May he rest in peace.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Liked to shoot?? do you mean with?

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

CubanCigar, did you miss the "with whom" in my sentence?

Maybe you are not used to people speaking proper English, but you are not supposed to end a sentence with the word "with."

7. Donm

Donm Active Member

A true gentleman. He will be missed by all that knew him.

Don and Melinda Mittag

8. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

when i first started shooting in 1970 duane was one of the first people i met at the gun club. at that time, i was unaware of his shooting ability. numerous times i would ask him for advice on shooting. in the mid to late 70's he asked me to help out as an instructor sponsored by the milwaukee sentinel. i was very excited that he thought enough of me to even ask. people in this area, who knew duane thought very highly of him as a shooter and even more so as a person. there is an old saying that birds of a feather flock together. his close friends being dick bennett and dick otto. all were, and still are great shooters, but even more so great people to know. each one of them have given back so much to our wonderful sport. it has been my sincere honor to know duane, as well as his circle of close friends. till we meet again.
    steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.