1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DT11 - Price

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Gamba Man, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamba Man

Gamba Man Active Member

Is this somewhat unreasonable for the DT11.
    Is this the going price, seems somewhat steep.
    Does anyone have any US price listing ?

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/product/234ecfa1bb732c7495521828/BERETTA+DT11+/

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

That would be $8,787.49 USD

3. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

I tried to get some info from reputable shops about the DT11 and it doesnt seem like they don't know much of anything. Their best guess was the a single barrel would fetch about $8000 and a combo would be over $10,000. I'm not sure if they meant a top or unsingle barrel for either choice. Keep in mind this was a guess based on selling price and not MSRP/advertised prices.

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

It's a dressed up DT-10 So a few bucks more than a DT-10

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

gun fitter, I understand the barrels are entirely different than how conventional barrels are made/bored?

Hap

6. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hap: Could you elaborate some?

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Dave, there was a post here a while back with pics of Bs new model, the DT11. I read that the barrels were taper bored to the choke. I have no idea whether these were hammer forged or bar bored, regardless it's much more time consuming that a straight bore. B liked the test results they got from this new (actually very old) system of making the barrel bores. Other than that, I have no other info on this model. I would delight in shooting one though!!

Hap

8. JH

JH Well-Known Member

From what I hear, the barrels are really a LONG forcing cone....they taper all the way to the muzzle...of course, that will be the justification to gouge you in the price...however, if one is prudent and waits out the HYPE the street price will be a few hundred over the street price of a DT-10......

9. chipking

chipking TS Member

If they are hammer forged on a mandrel the only real issue is that the mandrel would need to be full length rather than a short section with chamber that gets slid back as the barrel is formed. A tooling and process change that will raise the cost especially since it will be used only on that model. Browning used this process a long time ago on the A5 Slug gun which made it one of the few smooth bore slug guns that actually patterned buckshot as well.

--- Chip King ---

10. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I have shot tapered bored barrels and they seem to work FabArms makes a tribore.

Steve Milton of Precision Arms in Canada has done this kind of boring. I believe with a honing system.

There should be little additional cost in manufacturing taper bored barrels possibly a few hundred dollars.
    Joe

11. 85TTR

85TTR Member

Found this link for my italian reading friends.

http://www.beretta.it/Fucili/Fucili-da-tiro/Sovrapposti/DT-11-Trap/index.aspx?m=82&f=2&id=1509&did=40750

12. 85TTR

85TTR Member

Another photo

13. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

Don't forget that the price listed in the UK will include something like a 20% VAT that a U.S. buyer would not have to pay.

With that said, that's still a lot of money for a gun.

J.F. Wolfington
    Phila., PA

14. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Loosely Translated....................

LONGEVITY TIMELESS
    Born from the construction DT10 Trident, the super shooting Beretta has the biggest international success. The new DT11 will amaze you with its quality and performance. There is no competitor in the world, who does not know the extraordinary powers of precision, balance, agility, duration of the competition shotguns Beretta DT10 Trident. Features, dimensions, weight, balance, point of impact .. . everything in the new Beretta DT11 competition, has been studied with the utmost professionalism to meet the technical requirements of the shooting discipline to which the gun is intended. The weights of all components are predetermined at the design stage to ensure the best distribution of weight, the right balance and the perfect swing of the weapon. The incredible durability and constant performance of the Beretta DT11 are guaranteed:

From super-reliable locking system with through-bolt.
    From the increase in thickness at the side panels with a consequent increase in weight in the center of gravity to ensure superior stability in the field.
    Thickness and shape of the of extractors and their controls.
    From the cross of the rod which has a replaceable pad material that provides high surface resistance, year after year, the perfect cross rod seal assembly.
    From the replaceable closing rod straps.
    From durable surface finish of nickel-based for greater resistance against weathering and wear.

NEW LOOK
    The frame slender and elegant, though sturdy, is enriched by the contrast-colored opaque parts (side panels) and the cords that surround the receiver, expertly polished.
    The Beretta logo stands out in blue.
    The new design of the lever, suggested by the experience of the best shooters, makes it easy to grip, reduces stress and makes the gun easy to use even by shooters.
    The shape of the barrel selector is designed to ensure better grip and easier to drive.
    The top rib has jumper cables are alll'interno new design that improve the balance of rib and promote a greater dissipation of heat in case of overheating of the barrels.
    A shoals at the top of the receiver, finely made by hand, allows you to reduce glare when shooting.

WHEN THE GEOMETRY IS THE DIFFERENCE:
    NEW PRO RODS STEELIUM BERETTA
    Beretta is considered the largest producer of reeds in the world. No manufacturer devotes attention to the choice of steel so strong. Steelium Pro is the production technology of Beretta's barrel, which allows the special tri-alloy steel (A) the barrel thanks to a unique manufacturing process just as unique. By drilling deep (B), the cold hammering (C) and the special vacuum distension (D), the steel acquires the ideal characteristics to offer the best performance available today ballistic. Not only that, the barrels of the Beretta DT11 have a new geometrical shape of the inner tube, which gives rise to a single progressive taper.

The result is:
    CLEAR PERCEPTION OF FIREARM
    INCREASE STABILITY IN SHOOTING
    VERY HIGH PERFORMANCE AND BETTER OF PRESETRATION OF THE TARGET
    FASTER EXECUTION OF TWO SHOTS FOR THE SHOOTER ...
    It's not a pun, is the philosophy of Beretta. Create products with their users in mind, also meet the maximum requirements, because we get on the podium thanks to these details.
    The simplicity and the automatic release of the firing is done through three distinct, practical drives when the weapon is in a position of maximum security, that is open.
    The micrometer adjustment of the position of the trigger is simple.
    Careful camber rods and the upper edge of the moldings allow quick target acquisition.

.... AND PERFORMANCE IS THE RESULT The point of impact is the subject of a constructive care. While the models for Trap, Skeet and Sporting create a central point of impact, the models for American Trap are characterized by a higher point of impact.
    The masses are properly distributed to allow the gun to have the center of gravity in line with the first barrel. This almost cancels the prerogative of the weapon muzzle jump allowing faster target acquisition to hit the second shot.
    The V springs for great percussion speed.
    Adjustable stock Memory System
    Some versions equipped as standard or optional fully adjustable comb. This device offers the unique advantage of storing the optimal setting therefore, subsequent adjustments without losing the measures identified. DT11 IS MUCH MORE. The new Beretta DT11 is superimposed in all treated processing steps. This requires meticulous care of all the couplings between the various components of the weapon, both major (receiver, barrel, cross) and secondary (battery, key, etc..). This attention makes each gun unique, allowing the shooter's a product to be tested and personally supervised by the gunsmiths of the oldest and most prestigious arms factory in the world. HIGHLY SELECTED WOOD The walnut wood is of high quality hand finished in method the shooter of choice (oil, wax, etc. Tru Oil ®.). The stock can be adapted to the measures of the shooter. The area of the knurled stock and is defined so as to ensure maximum grip and is made entirely by hand. In the fields listed here you can try shooting the Beretta DT11 Trap and other news!

15. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

I keep hearing February as a release date. I wonder if that date would change for a US release with an adj. comb. I have another hobby where the products are made in Germany and dates tend to lag 3months to 1 year behind. If this company says due to release March of 2012 in Germany, that translates to Jan. 2013 for the US. It would be nice to see a US Trap version of the gun on shelves in february.

16. 85TTR

85TTR Member

Mark425 Thank you. Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best choke for dt11

cost of beretta dt 11
dt 11 trap price
dt11 barrel adjustment
dt11 barrels boring picture

dt11 cost