1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DT10 vs. DT11

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Can anyone give me a quick run down of the difference between the DT10 and DT11?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Thus far all that is available in DT 11 is an O/U. The Beretta rep did not know when or if the combo would be available. The DT 11 Trap pictured center gun has a nice adjustable rib and felt great when I shouldered it. The DT 10 is no longer being made. That's all the info I can provide.
    grntitan_2009_2503331.jpg

grntitan_2009_2503332.jpg

Excuse the crummy cell phone pics

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

grntitan,

Thanks for the pictures. I had not seen an image of the DT11 with an adjustable rib yet.

I think I'm going to pick one up as a possible birthday gift to myself over the winter and someone mentioned that I should look for discount priced DT10s instead.

Mechanically though, aside from the DT11 being new, what improvements were made to the platform?

4. skeezix

skeezix Member

There is a discussion here:

http://www.clay-shooting.com/reviews/a-barrel-full-of-innovation/

Probably the biggest single difference is the bbl design. The bore is a tapered bore - kind of a really long forcing cone.

per the article: "The DT11’s bore size is 0.767 in front of the forcing cones and then gradually tapers to 0.725 behind the chokes"

It also says the receiver is 3mm wider and 3 oz heavier than the DT-10.

john

5. JH

JH Well-Known Member

The DT 11 has an ugly blue line....but, it has different stock dimensions, a "heavier" frame, upgraded chokes, a tapering barrel (sort of a long tapered forcing cone) and is more expensive.....

6. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

Actually, I like that blue line......

Charlie

7. Brad Korando

Brad Korando Member

I shot the demo guns in Matt's pictures when I was in Sparta last month for the SCTP National Championship. John is right about the tapered bore being the most significant difference. Other than that, the adjustable rib O/U is a big change. The rib is adjustable at both ends. Another difference is the geometry of the butt stock. The comb, even in the lowest position, is noticeably higher than the comb of the DT 10. The wrist and pistol grip was thicker as a result of the thicker receiver and the angle of the pistol grip is more vertical than the DT 10. Besides the additional weight in the receiver, I think that the butt stock might also be heavier than the DT 10. I was told that the DT 11 Trap models that Beretta has on hand in Sparta are 2 of only 6 in the US.

I made an adjustment to the comb for fit and went out and shot 74 of 75 with it (missed the first target). The gun felt great when mounted and shoots with very little felt recoil, less than the DT 10. My personal trap gun happens to be a 682LTD 34” unsingle and I found the view down the barrel to be very similar to that of the unsingle. I really like the DT 11, more so than the DT 10. If I had the money to do so, I would not hesitate to replace my 682LTD 34”/32” combo with the DT 11 32” O/U trap.

I also tried out the DT 11 Skeet Model and really liked that as well. The skeet model is fitted with an adjustable Monte Carlo comb stock which is a departure from the stock on the DT 10. The barrels have the same tapered bore, but have a more traditional skeet low rib. I was told that the DT 11 Skeet models that Beretta has on hand in Sparta are the only 2 in the US.

I don’t recall when the rep said that the Trap and Skeet models will be available to the public, but I believe that it was less than 6 months. The rep stated that MSRP has not been announced.

Regards,
    Brad

8. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Does anyone have DT-10 top single trap combo guns on close out sale yet ?

9. Brad Korando

Brad Korando Member

Not that I know of, but Joel Etchen Guns has a used DT 10 30/34 Top Combo with upgraded wood for $4,800.

10. NMULTRARUNNER55

NMULTRARUNNER55 Member

Hi;

I have a new, in the box DT-10, 34" Top Single for sale. I ordered it for a guy and it does not fit so he's selling it. It's unfired and only been put together once. Still has the factory coating on the metal. He's selling it at a loss.

Price is $4200 which includes ground shipping in the lower 48 states. Must ship to another FFL.

Steve Nunley

Albuquerque, New Mexico

11. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

While we are talking DT10, does anyone have a line on a used set of 28" DT10 barrels.

Jon Schorle, Sacramento, CA

12. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Yikes....there are many DT 11 sporting guns out there for sale....where are you guys looking? Go to the obvious premier Beretta dealers and you will see them....heck, go to Gunbroker......

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Why would they want a Sporting version?? This is a Trap forum. The Trap models are what we are discussing.

14. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Some trap shooters shoot sporting also....

15. batman1004

batman1004 TS Member

what is the difference between the DT10 and mx10 top single combo beretta/perazzi which one is better and price dif. thank g3

16. cafowler

cafowler Member

Some Sporting shooters shoot Trap also......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta dt11 skeet

beretta dt11 trap

difference between beretta dt10 & dt11

difference between dt10 and dt11

difference between dt11 sporting and skeet
differenza dt10 dt10 trident
new beretta dt11 trap vs sporting
what is the difference betwenn the beretta dt10 and dt11