1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DT10 question - springs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeezix, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeezix

skeezix Member

What is involved with changing the hammer springs in a DT10? The manual isn't helpful at all. Also, what kind of life expectancy do these hammer springs have? I have about 30k rounds on mine and I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't get a spare set of springs ready.

John

2. Soot Them All

Soot Them All Active Member

Skeezix, hammer springs are fairly easy to change, the bottom one broke on myDT-10 after 5 years and 100,000 rounds or so. There is a drive pin that holds them in after removing that you have to pry the end of the spring up and then slide it out, if the spring isn't broke be carefull there is alot of energy in that little spring. to install new spring I used a few small peices of wood and the trusty bench vise, you need a vise to push the new springs into place, they are quite strong,when you get it in as far as the vise will push it will still need to be set into the little step before the pin will go back in. Hope this helps, I got the new springs from Coles Gunsmithing, or go to the Grand and have Beretta do them for you. Shoot well Steve.

3. skeezix

skeezix Member

Thanks Steve. I'll drop the triggers and study them a bit. I'm thinking I probably ought to have a spare spring around.

John

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Whiz White should have them for a fair price.

If not there try J & P gun springs.

David D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.