1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DT10 Ejector issue...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mikepacific60, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikepacific60

mikepacific60 Member

Hello to all

I have a question about Beretta ejector timing (on a DT10)…I have just taken delivery of a new DT10 X-Trap U/O. As I usually do, I have a careful look at the mechanism, to be sure everything is as it should be (plus, I just like to understand how my guns work!).

To cut a long story short, I had the foreend wood off and had the foreend metal on the assembled gun (just the metal, no wood). When I open the gun after pulling the trigger on snap caps, the ejector timing was out…ie the bottom barrel spat the snap cap into the top of the breach face!

When the wood is on the gun, the timing is fine.

So, what possible difference can it make to ejector timing to have the wood on or off?? I noticed that the forend wood makes the foreend a bit tight to clip on the barrel, so I tried the experiment again (ie wood off), but this time put some tape under the foreend iron (ie between it & the barrel) to make it about the same tightness – it made no difference with the bottom barrel shell again hitting the breach face about 1/8” from the top.

Now you will probably say put the wood back on and be happy…the problem here is I want to get a new (slimmer) foreend made and I am concerned that with different wood the ejectors will play up.

Besides, I would like to try & work out what the cause of this issue is.

I would be grateful for any thoughts.

Regards

Michael

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

Michael, contact Beretta USA.

Steve

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Berettas are finicky with regards to how tight the forend fits. I run into this frequently when tightening up their actions. The wood really likes to influence the timing.

Sometimes, putting a shim between the iron and the wood helps. This will allow the forend iron to install all the way for a good latch, but keep some of the wood pressure off from the bbl.

Doug Braker

4. mikepacific60

mikepacific60 Member

Thanks Steve & Doug - This is one of those things that bugs me...not a real problem (at least not yet!), but an annoyance, more so as I can't exactly pin point why, other that Doug's remark (which I'm sure is correct) that the wood plays a role. Regards Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dt10 ejector timing