1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DT-10's ANY GOOD???????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Probably the most underated shotgun out there! I've shot both trap and sporting models and enjoyed them emensly. The top single trap models are a bit less desireable than the unsingle.

ec90t

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have had one of just about everything out there. I settled on the DT 10 and now have two of them. Absolutely reliable. Great wood, great weight, great smoke makers.

JON

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Yes.......very good gun! Had one, but went back to me ever-loving, bloody Perazzi!

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

As good as the best. Just didn't sell. If you can find one with distressed pricing and need a good gun - buy it.

5. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I have a DT-10 for sale IN CALIFORNIA = $6,000. Beretta replaced both barrels and the receiver, thus the gun is like new. also, the gun has metal adjustable comb mechanism, not the plastic. The over/under barrel has never been out of the box. The single barrel has less than 500 shells through it. I bought a Mach One and have been shooting that gun. I don't want the expense of shipping it therefor restricting sale to California FFL. Fred. fssberson@aol.com

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

The action would open up when shot. Beretta had a few of these and they simply replaced the entire gun, but I wanted to keep my wood as I put on a Kickeez pad, adjustable aluminum hardware for the comb, and a adjustable length of pull. Thus an almost completely new gun. Fred

7. JasonH

JasonH TS Member

A friend of mine JR Palmer from missouri got his dt-10 early this year and it is a very nice piece, but It took him awhile to find someone to put a release trigger in it. There isnt much room in the trigger group. He has let me shoot it several times, they do point well and are choked for smoke. I was pleased ....

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

They don't do well in my neck of the woods. Combos in great shape MIGHT bring $4500. Not a good return for what they cost new.

OTOH, a fellow that paid $14K for a Kolar combo has not been able to sell it locally for $7500. He was offered $6500. OUCH!

I sold a SWEET K-80 I bought new several years ago and made $2K on it. Oh well! ;^)

9. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have double release on one of my DT 10s. The top of the metal in the receiver has to be relieved, as I understand it. I know with the release hooks in the trigger group will not work in the other gun which has only pull triggers. Spears did mine. They are very easy to deal with. The hooks come off or back on in about 2 minutes.

JON

10. Soot Them All

Soot Them All Active Member

I got one in 2004, an unsingle combo 34/32, and just love it, I have a double release made by Kemmerly, adj butt with a counter coil, gun shoots like a 22 no recoil and just blasts a target in doubles or singles. i would estimate the gun has shot 30,000 rounds and the only thing that wears out was a cocking rod spring, The gun was a year old when i got it so i can live with a 3 dollar part breaking after 4 years of use. It still locks up tight, and i do believe it has the best lock mechanism on the market, the adj. comb hardware that came on mine is doing fine but i have heard of people having trouble with that, Joel Etchen makes metal hardware for i think about 75 bucks. I would sur finf one and shoot it before buying it is a little heavy for some people. Good Shooting Steve F...

11. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Leo pretty much had his choice of guns and he picked the DT-10 combo. He did have a custom Stock Lock system put on, but nothing else. It goes everywhere we go.....

12. Stubbie

Stubbie TS Member

trapwife

Tell Leo to bring the two barrels downunder as he will get two shots on most of our events other than the single barrel event. Hey I forgot that the first time he was here he had the 1100 and he only loaded one shot for all events even when he could have had two shot but still won the National overall high gun which I think at the time was a presentation FN Belgium Browning.
    Stubbie

13. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Karla,

Who did the fitting on Leo's stock?

Jim

14. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Patrick McCarthy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.