1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DT 10 trigger issue

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeezix, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeezix

skeezix Member

Shooting the other clay sport last night, the trigger on my Dt10 did something it has never done before --nothing. no click, no nothing. After the round, I dropped the trigger assy out of the gun and looked for glaring problems. I couldn't see anything wrong, no broken main springs, inertia mech looks fine, etc. But it appears that the sears are not engaging the inertia block everytime. It is possible that the bbl selector was a bit off, although I remember checking that and the gun still would not fire. With the triggers out, you can center up the inertia block and get the same failure.

A couple questions: If I have to send the triggers off to be checked/repaired who is a good DT10 smith? I know about Coles - they just don't say much about DT10's though on their website so I don't know if they are the go to folks or not for triggers.

Also - Has anyone else run into this - and what ended up being the problem.

I've never tried to take apart the trigger assy- I'm not sure if thats something that can be done by a reasonably competant owner - or best left to a smith.

John

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

My suggestion would be to contact either Jim Flynn...Gunfixer...or Spears. Both have worked on my triggers, just to tune them up. I have never had a Failure to Fire problem with my triggers. I have and shoot two DT 10s.

JON

3. skeezix

skeezix Member

Thanks Jon. I'll try to follow up the leads. Gunfixr seems to have pulled all his posts, but I did find contact information for Spears. Also several references to Phillips gun shop, I may try to contact them as well.

john

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Phillip can easily handle it for you.. as can Rich Cole.. and Cole has all the parts if needed..

5. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

Beretta USA completely rebuilt mine last year at the grand for $100.00. New hammer and sear plus springs. Had it converted back to pull from release. I couldn't keep a release trigger in it. Had two and one was in the mail all of the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.