1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DT 10 Internals

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeezix, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeezix

skeezix Member

Is there a schematic available for the internals of a DT10? I had a light strike the other day, first one in 3 years of shooting. Dropping the triggers out - everything looks clean, no debris or gunk. I'd like to know a bit more about whats in there and how it works.

John

2. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

John, I don't know what you are shooting for shells, but it may not be the fault of the gun. Could be a primer seated too deep. I have seen a lot of these light strikes with Gun Clubs lately. Just a thought. Have not had any trouble with my DT failing to fire. Steve

3. skeezix

skeezix Member

Fio primers, .410 aahs hull. very light indent on the bottom bbl. I put the shell in the top bbl and it fired fine. I've loaded 1000's of these, and have had various problems, but this was the first light strike in almost 30,000 rounds. I've actually been pretty impressed, this gun and this tubset seem to be able to digest some pretty ugly reloads without a problem.

Dropping the trigger group, the right cocking lever swings freely inside the receiver - I'm thinking that the right hand cocking lever spring might be broken.

With the hammers let off, and the trigger in place. The left cocking rod is all the way forward and has about 1/8" of play (light spring). The right hand rod has no play.

If you install the bbl and forearm and cock the gun, then remove the bbl and forearm the left had rod is as before - fully out and lightly spring loaded. The right hand rod travels freely, no spring in it at all.

I did find a schematic of an ASE 90. The internals look to be very similar.

John

4. Bill Marsh

Bill Marsh Guest

I also had a light strike with a Remington Gun Club shell.

5. Soot Them All

Soot Them All Active Member

I think it may be time for you to remove the firing pin and clean out the gunk that can build up afer 30,000 rounds the pin is probably gumed up. to remove the pins you have to remove the stock and take a look there are 2 pins holding the firing pins in, look closly the pins have one end knurled and the other end isn,t its been a while since i did mine so i don,t remember witch way you have to drive out the pin with the right size punch, be carefull the firing pins have a spring load but i,d bet the one your having trouble with won,t come jumping out, with the pins out clean holes with solvent an some Q-tips until it,s clean, do not lube this pin when reinstalling the lube will cause you to have to clean them more often. It,s pretty easy to do. Hope this helps. Steve Farver. remember the knurled pins only drive out one way.