1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DT-10 help, please

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by duh, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duh

duh TS Member

Can anyone tell me if the barrels and forend iron on a DT-10 are numbered the same as the receiver, are they stamped with the receivers serial number?

If one were to purchase a top single barrel and a over under barrel (combo set) would they be serial numbered the same?

I appreciate any replies.

Thank you - I am duh

2. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

All SN's match. Receiver, both bbls. and forearm iron.

Steve

3. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

Duh,
    I don't know if this can be of any help to you but here, in Italy, when you buy a Beretta gun with more than one barrel, the second barrel is usually stamped with the same number of the receiver with an addition of number "2". If you have got a third barrels the main number will be the same with an additional "3" and so on and on. But this is not a rule, I saw many guns, many times, with different numbers on second barrel.

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

In Europe the numbering of barrels carries a different meaning than it does in the USA.

Here it tends to mean that all barrels came from the factory with the gun at the time a manufacture - signifying a 'set.'

In Europe barrels are regularly stamped with the serial number of the gun, regardless of whether they left the factory at the same time. Extra barrel sets are numbered to match the gun to signify that the barrel set has been fitted to that particular action - so if you buy a second (or third...) set of barrels it would be fitted to your gun, then numbered to match the serial number of the gun (often with just the last few digits of the number) - the addition of a sequence number may or may not be used after that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.