1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DT-10 both barrels firing

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rolliew, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rolliew

rolliew TS Member

I have a Beretta DT-10 that is firing both barrels at the sametime.
    The gun is about two months old. Nothing has been done to the gun.
    Has any one had this problem before?
    Thanks Rollie

2. russS

russS TS Member

Rollie, I purchased a 682 combo new about 3 years ago as my first trap gun. I shot the single barrel and it worked fine. I thought at that time that the trigger pull seemed really light but just thought that it being a new gun it "might" need breaking in.

The 1st time that I shot doubles with the O/U I got a real surprise. I pulled the trigger to shoot at the 1st pair and the gun kicked the living "----" out of me.I went after the 2nd target pulled the trigger and nothing happened. I opened the gun and both shells popped out. To Make a long story a little shorter the gun had doubled on me. It would double ever time if I shot the bottom barrel first. If I shot the top barrel 1st it worked fine.

I sent it back to Beretta and they repaired it under warranty. When I received the gun back from them, there was a note with it saying that it looked to them (Beretta) that someone had worked on the trigger. They said when they received the gun back that the trigger pull was less than 1.5 pounds and when the it leaves the factory they are 3.5 pounds. I knew that the trigger hadn't been touched but just blew it off to experience.
    That was 6 trap guns ago (1 being a new DT-10 combo that worked fine) but I still think about it every time I walk out to shoot doubles.

I would call them 1st and get a RA#. I will say that they were good to deal with and I had my combo back within 2 weeks.

You aren't alone!
    Russ

3. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

First, I would try to rule out shooter error by letting other (experienced O/U) shooters shoot the gun. If it doubles on them too, then I would contact Beretta and send the gun back to them for adjustment.

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Rolliew,

I would contact beretta first thing tomorrow morning and make arrangements to get it back to them for servicing. Reguardless of what's been said here, it shouldn't do that in anyones hand. I'm sure that Beretta will find out what's wrong and correct the situation.

ec90t

5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I am told that doubling is a Beretta problem, although not unique to Beretta. I have two DT 10s and until last month had never had a problem. One of the O/U doubled on me at a shoot. The puller told me it looked like I let the gun jump on my shoulder and probably pulled the second shot off accidently...didn't sound right to me. Yesterday I shot the same gun through 25 pair of doubles with no poblems...so maybe it was me. Before sending the gun back, make sure it is the gun. It is a scarey deal to be sure.

JON

6. larry prior

larry prior Member

clean trigger good, put back in dry, no oil, should fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.