1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DryFire

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LocoChunk, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LocoChunk

LocoChunk Member

I've been using a DryFire system for a week and im starting to break 24's and 25's more and more from station 3 (havent made marks for the other 4 stations) but can't really tell much of a difference in real life shooting! Any suggestions? tips?

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

One week? If it were that easy I think everyone would be in the shootoffs at the Grand American that he had sold the units to by now-

I think the benefit is just in moving the gun to the target better-- and not certain if there is a time frame or a percent of benefit that you can expect

I do think you need to shoot all stations though

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. rebelpenn

rebelpenn Member

It is good to mark the stations & move. However, a normal round of 25 from a stationary spot will throw 5 target simulations from each station. You will, therefore, get some hard lefts from one all the way through hard rights at Station 5.

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You need to mark all 5 stations, and make the simulator throw faster and more angled targets. Watch your time for hitting a target. it should be in the .065 to .7 of a second. If you can do that and hit 24-25, speed the machine up, lower or raise the targets, add wind from lots of different directions and speeds. Make you practice shooting difficult, then you'll be surprised how easy targets are in real life. Just remember if your shooting 24-25's change the simulator so your back to 19-20. Then work your way up again. This will make you a better shooter.

5. LocoChunk

LocoChunk Member

Thanks for all the help

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Keep that confidence when you get outside on the trap field!

7. MikeLewis

MikeLewis TS Member

To fine tune - make sure you set your choke to the tightest or extra full.

8. LocoChunk

LocoChunk Member

9. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I have even set the load to 1oz and dropped back in yardage. Throw some wind in there and you will be missing targets that are in the middle of your pattern. I is as realistic as you want to make it.

10. Jimmy Miller

Jimmy Miller Member

I like to shoot 4 hole targets and change the speed of the targets, using extra full choke. I then will shoot 50-100 lefts from post one and the same for rights from post 5 then settle down to shoot full rounds for another 100 to 150 birds.
    This will sure get your endurance up!

I shoot rotating targets always from at least 2 yards further back than I shoot registered birds. I also shoot one day with low birds and one day with high birds with wind at the speed and direction I expect at the location of my next shoot to be at.

Make sure to use the correct size house for your distance as well as your shell speed being correctly set.

Hope it helps you. I find when I have not put the time and practice in my averages suffer my training partner have experienced the same thing.

Jimmy