1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dryfire System for Skeet?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OhioSkeetShooter, Jun 19, 2013.

1. OhioSkeetShooter

OhioSkeetShooter Member

I was at the Ohio State Shoot today just looking around and I spent a few moments in the Dryfire Targets booth there at Cardinal. I didn't think anything about it as I thought it would be just for trap. Well, now that I have looked on their website I see that they have a program for skeet in their software. Does anyone have experience with this? Would it be good practice for a skeet shooter? How does this work for skeet? Thanks in advance guys!
    -Wes

2. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

I had the dry fire system, and it worked as advertised. The skeet program (they also have some other really interesting and very cool programs as well) works very well - BUT you need a lot of space for it. Get the manual from the dealer and read it. You will be happy with it.

3. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Active Member

Dryfire can be set up for many custom formats. skeet, sporting clays, trap. protection games, Almost any type of shotgun shooting. Great system and Bob And Tom are great support people. 4 years now no issues that I didn't create.
    If you figure how much the practice cost and how much his system is its CHEAP.

4. mooster1223

mooster1223 Member

I bought a 18' canvas at the shoot to hang in my garage to practice skeet. I'll let you know how it goes in the weeks to come.

5. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

What does the system cost?

6. James344

James344 Active Member

Hookedonshooting,
    I did some checking this morning and a complete dual head system, including trigger setup, is around $1300. My wife and I were discussing purchasing it to let my son use it during the winter months when he can't shoot (in Ohio). I also have a younger son who would like to try trap shooting and I read a testimonial on the site that a person put the system onto a BB gun for their 7 yr old grandson to try it.

DryFire.com

7. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

Im in cinti oh why cant u shoot in the winter James? Lol

8. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Active Member

Our club has one setup for the Aim kids. The coach took a small stock off a old pellet gun and put conduit for a barrel for the little kids. works well. The idea of having the dryfire system here in Michigan is so when its -10 you can shoot and with your summer shooting cloths on. James if you have two kids get two barrel inserts they love shooting together.Ps you can also go swimming in Cinti. in the winter but I bet you don't

9. James344

James344 Active Member

Its just too darn cold and my son hates the cold.

10. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I put a triggers assy on my 7 yr old grandsons plastic break open O/U. He and his Grammy had a great time. When he finally started breaking tgts he lost intrest! Go figure. Jake

Search tags for this page

skeet dry fire system