1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DryFire Shooting Simulator

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GEAJR, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GEAJR

GEAJR TS Member

Anyone purchase one of these units for personal use at home (for trap practice) and your results? Web site makes it look fabulous.

George

2. Beacon

Beacon TS Member

I have not purchased one yet but I have used one on several occasions. I think they are an excellent tool but to be fully effective they have to be used in conjuction with your normal shooting - not as a replacement. I will be purchasing one in the next few months that projects doubles and singles and am really looking forward to it.

3. GEAJR

GEAJR TS Member

Beacon, if you buy one let me know how it works out for you. Can email direct to gainsworth@comcast.net I don't want another expensive toy that ends up on ebay. Thanks

4. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

GEAJR, I bought one in March this year and love it.I got the dual head model that throws doubles with two dots at the same time. I felt is was the only way for me to see them clearly since I have a touch of vision loss from Glaucoma. If I had to do it all over again I would. Does that tell you anything? I made the 27 yd. line at the Grand this year for the first time. If you use it like it is intended I guarantee you that you will get better. The only thing you MUST do is put in good information about where your gun shoots. This setup tells you where you hit or missed the target. I have it set up in our spare bedroom and shoot 200 to 500 targets a day. Then I still practice at least one day a week at the range.If you would like to talk about it some more just e-mail me and I will send you my number.

Jimmy

5. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Do a search for past threads on Dry Fire. Just like Jimmy stated above, most that have bought them and (set them up correctly) use them regularly, have reported sizeable increases in their scores. Most call it a SERIOUS teaching device, and not a toy. You mileage may vary. Omaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dry fire simulator ebay

good quality trap shoot simulator