1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DryFire Review

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Plattbird, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plattbird

Plattbird Member

My daughter and I are enthusiastic trap shooters. She shoots for her highschool team and I shoot with four carmudgeons. I am considering purchasing a DryFire target simulator system and would like your opinion about the system if you have a significant amount of experience with one. Did your scores actually improve? Are you happy with the product? Is it worth the investment? These are just a few of the questions I have. I am not trying to advertise or discredit the product in any way. I just want to know what your experience is. Thanks.
    Jesse

2. smokeater6844

smokeater6844 Member

Plattbird

I purchased one of the single head units 2 years ago and am very happy with the system. I have 2 sons that shoot trap and both of them use the system at home when we can't make it out to shoot at the club. It is not a toy. My oldest son uses it for practice before we go to a shoot as we can program wind speed and directions into the system that will closely duplicate the targets he will be shooting. There are a lot of variables that you can program into the system from where your gun shoots, the height and speed of the targets.

The only significant difference is the lack of recoil when using the system. In my opinion you have to use the system along with actual practice to get the most of your practice time.

If I were to add up all of the rounds shot through the machine over the past couple of years, the system would have paid for itself a couple of times over.

In less than an hour you can shoot a couple hundred targets in a spare room and actually see if your lead is correct or point of impact is right for where you are looking.

Just my opinion of the system we have. Others may have different experiences.

Brian "Robbie and Jake's Dad"

3. RDT

RDT TS Member

Great system. Many options you can play with. Good for indoor training. The only thing I did not like is not seeing the target details. It is hard for my brain to process the bird trajectory by not see the target details. I have not seen any body said anything about this, may be it is only me.
    I got my double head system from Mike Lumbrazo. Great service, if you have any questions about the system Mike will find answers for it.

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Do a thread search. There have been many discussions about this device.

5. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

We have the double head system and my wife is the primary user. It is an extreemly effective training simulator. As stated the only draw back is lack of recoil. Dry Fire Bob is a terrific Guy and has helped with the few issues we've had. Great system. Jake

6. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Carmudgeons: bad-tempered, difficult, cantankerous, but only in the car when going to and from a trapshoot.